How to use the "Charge period” in InControl

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Flip

How to use the "Charge period” in InControl

Post by Flip » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 pm

Hi,

I have one question about charging you iPace.
Searched the manual, and feeling really stupid I can;’t figure this out, but does anybody know how the “Charge period” works?

Like you see in the screen, I always set my cars preferred Charge periode start from 23:00 till 07:00.
I also set that my next leave is 8:00AM.

But strange enough (if you ask me), its fully ignoring those settings and always starting to charge immediately when the car is connected.
If I disable it after that, its not automatic going on at 23:00 again.

I should expect the car knows (since it know I need to leave at 8am), its having time enough to start from 23:00 since thats the preferred timeframe I added. Anybody getting this to work?

Regards,

Flip

IMG_2567.PNG

IMG_2568.PNG

I-Pacer

Re: How to use the "Charge period” in InControl

Post by I-Pacer » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:19 pm

I have to same issue with the app. The charge period setting doesn't seem to work.

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:14 pm

Same here to. Charge starts I soon I plug the car and stop when it's full or I unpleg ...
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18

DrPhil

Post by DrPhil » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:12 am

Flip wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 pm
Hi,
I have one question about charging you iPace.
Searched the manual, and feeling really stupid I can;’t figure this out, but does anybody know how the “Charge period” works?

Like you see in the screen, I always set my cars preferred Charge periode start from 23:00 till 07:00.
I also set that my next leave is 8:00AM.

But strange enough (if you ask me), its fully ignoring those settings and always starting to charge immediately when the car is connected.
If I disable it after that, its not automatic going on at 23:00 again.

I should expect the car knows (since it know I need to leave at 8am), its having time enough to start from 23:00 since thats the preferred timeframe I added. Anybody getting this to work?

Regards,
Flip
I agree it is not working as it should. Sometimes It works but only with a bit of a workaround:
First stop the charging process with the app (it can take a minute). Charging then is 'paused'.
Then reset the charging period: make some adjustments and save the new settings (takes 1 or 2 minutes). You will get a error screen but just ignore this as the new charging period will be set.
Then the screen still tells that the charging is paused, so press "charge now" and then the screen tells that preparations are made for charging but it should start at the right time.
i-Pace SE, 20" , Air Suspension, Pan. Roof, light Oyster, Sillicon Silver, ordered March 19, delivered on 11October ‘18

smd318

Post by smd318 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:49 am

No mine isn't working either, thought it was me being stupid!

brianscott757

Post by brianscott757 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi Guys,

I also have had issue with "Preferred charging period" have you used the "Goodbye screen" to set the Preferred charging period "ON" as detailed in the Used Manual / Guide? see attached screen shot. This I have done several times and still it does not work???

I have contacted Jaguar in Birmingham and they have said contact the dealer where I purchased the car, but guess what they do not know what is wrong?

So I am going to contact Centre for electrification at Castle Bromwich and see if they can help?

PreferedCharging1.JPG

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:12 pm

My week old car (and another I checked at the dealer) does not have a 'Goodbye' screen option. Software update maybe? Preferred charging set time does not appear to work, starts charging as soon as plugged in. Set a departute time for tomorrow so will soon see if this works. Question; does the car need to be plugged-in for departure time pre-conditioning to work?
I-Pace S, Caesium Blue, Air Suspension, Powered Tailgate, Cold Climate pack, Black Leather. Ordered Mar, Delivered Oct.

brianscott757

Post by brianscott757 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:54 pm

Hi Sparky,

Strange Goodbye Screen is standard when you switch the car off once Preconditioning is set to on. As for your question; does the car need to be plugged-in for departure time pre-conditioning to work? the answer is no but if it is not plugged in then Preconditioning will take power from the car battery and hence reduce range.

brianscott757

Post by brianscott757 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:59 pm

One other odd item on this Preferred Charging saga is that when I set my car up for this the App show that is it "Waiting to Charge" the preferred time being 00:00 to 07:00 but then it actually starts to charge at 17:00 this is actually 7 hours before the correct time? This I have now tested on 5 time with different preferred charge start times (00:30, 01:00. 01:30, 02.00, 02:30) and each time the app show Waiting to charge until 7 hours before the set time very strange??? Is this some time zone issue

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:58 pm

Thanks brianscott, the pre-conditioning worked fine but looks like preferred charging times need a little more experimentation.
The screen does say times are based on the vehicle clock, not your phone clock, but these should be the same anyway when set up for the time zone you are in.
I-Pace S, Caesium Blue, Air Suspension, Powered Tailgate, Cold Climate pack, Black Leather. Ordered Mar, Delivered Oct.

Return to “Faults & Technical”