Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Issues with latest OS 2.1.0a

9K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  Lenn 
#1 ·
My car automatically updated to the latest software on July 14th - version OS 2.1.0a

The update wiped out all profiles stored on the car but more disconcerting is the fact that I now cannot create any profiles in the vehicle. I can enter a new profile name and select an icon but then when you press the "NEXT" button nothing happens. I've tried this several times now in past two days to no avail.

Anyone else getting same issue and how does one go about reporting this to Jaguar ir get specific help on the software versions?

#2 ·
We are on 2.1.0 and have lost connectivity. We can create profiles but we can't log our profiles into in control and so no spotify or personal settings etc. the sat nav works fine though which is good because others have had problems and we are taking it on holiday soon.

I think we will stick where we are for the while and not upgrade to 2.1.0a until the issues are understood and resolved in a further update.

#6 ·
Linda44 said:
petercw3 said:
My car automatically updated to the latest software on July 14th - version OS 2.1.0a

The update wiped out all profiles stored on the car but more disconcerting is the fact that I now cannot create any profiles in the vehicle. I can enter a new profile name and select an icon but then when you press the "NEXT" button nothing happens. I've tried this several times now in past two days to no avail.

Anyone else getting same issue and how does one go about reporting this to Jaguar ir get specific help on the software versions?
I have the same problem with my Jaguar Xe. Can't get past the next screen.
I had this issue after one of the many spontaneous profile evaporations I have had in my car.

You can enter a name but not continue (the enter key does nothing). This may be a connectivity issue, I solved it when it happened to me by doing a system reboot and then I was able to progress. I do think you need to see a connection though or you will likely have difficulty.

#7 ·
Check you have 4G showing on the panel on the left - if not then reboot (20 second hold of power button) - It wont allow you to register either on Wifi or tethered to a hotspot .. it HAS to have a 4G connection.
There was a 4G blip last week or so and a reboot sorted it for lots of us.

Touch wood since the update and recreating my profile everything now seems to stick .. its seems to be that final hurdle is worth it (finally ... maybe ... hopefully).

#8 ·
I went from 2.0.6 to 2.0.10 to 2.1.0 within 2 weeks. After an initial loss of connectivity, now solved, I'm stuck with the satnav crashing and rebooting randomly every 5 minutes more or less.
I noticed that not all of those that went to the 2 new sw versions have the same problem. Question for those with the same problem as me: did you update the maps recently? I'm try to understand if this problem could be a combination for new firmware with new maps or it depends only on the new fw.

#9 ·
kermit68 said:
I went from 2.0.6 to 2.0.10 to 2.1.0 within 2 weeks. After an initial loss of connectivity, now solved, I'm stuck with the satnav crashing and rebooting randomly every 5 minutes more or less.
I noticed that not all of those that went to the 2 new sw versions have the same problem. Question for those with the same problem as me: did you update the maps recently? I'm try to understand if this problem could be a combination for new firmware with new maps or it depends only on the new fw.
I did following (by chance) ...

Day 1 ....Latest Map via USB - >
Day 4 ....Pivi 2.1.0 ->
Day 5.... Lost 4G so tried full wipe/reset (it wasn't that) ->
Day 6 ... 4G returned and entered details into Pivi again ->
Day 11 ... 2.1.0a - Been faultless since.

#10 ·
Still no 2.1.0 here but then I haven't driven the car recently as without AC it has been about as much fun as self immolation.

#11 ·
recalluk said:
I did following (by chance) ...

Day 1 ....Latest Map via USB - >
Day 4 ....Pivi 2.1.0 ->
Day 5.... Lost 4G so tried full wipe/reset (it wasn't that) ->
Day 6 ... 4G returned and entered details into Pivi again ->
Day 11 ... 2.1.0a - Been faultless since.
Thanks for your reply.
I'm on vacation in Sardinia and honestly the satnav would have been handy since I'm not familiar with local roads. I updated the maps right before leaving for vacation but after the 2.0.10 update. I wonder if a fresh map update could be useful... unfortunately I have no wired internet access at the moment and downloading 35 Gb of maps by mobile can be troublesome.

By the way Sardinia has now a decent amount of 50kw DC chargers and 22 kw AC chargers so in case you're wondering, a full electric trip is more than feasible.

#12 ·
Have you tried a full factory reset and reboot.. Then recreate profile?

I did it out of frustration but I am wondering if the way it pulls down your commute gets it corrupt somehow if not all up to date.

Oh and a factory reset also doesn't kick in till you do an ignition cycle even though it appears to... . Learnt that one the hard way.

#13 ·
recalluk said:
Have you tried a full factory reset and reboot.. Then recreate profile?

I did it out of frustration but I am wondering if the way it pulls down your commute gets it corrupt somehow if not all up to date.

Oh and a factory reset also doesn't kick in till you do an ignition cycle even though it appears to... . Learnt that one the hard way.
I'll try that, for sure it's easier than downloading again the maps 😀

#15 ·
Latest updated: yesterday I reinstalled the maps (same version, I even got a warning from Pivi Pro about that) and now the satnav is working fine.
Could it be that the Pivi Pro update has damaged some info / registry that have been restored with a fresh map install?

In any case I guess is worth a try.

#18 ·
Some people reporting this is 4g related preventing next click.

Tey the 20 second hold power so it reboots. Let it come back up and verify you have a 4G signal on the left before trying?

Don't use WiFi as for some reason it won't allow you to sign in on that.

#19 ·
recalluk said:
Some people reporting this is 4g related preventing next click.

Tey the 20 second hold power so it reboots. Let it come back up and verify you have a 4G signal on the left before trying?

Don't use WiFi as for some reason it won't allow you to sign in on that.
The car can only use WiFi (if you have it available and my car currently doesn't) for SOTA updates it doesn't work for anything else. So this is operating correctly.

Your smartphone when connected will share data though.

#20 ·
Car went to the garage to fix resetting satnav, profiles not working and miles/km issues.
Software was updated from 2.0.9 to 2.1.0a but none of the above issues are fixed, it only got worse.

Satnav was resetting once per hour, now even more often.
All profiles are deleted and I can't create new profiles.
The miles/km issue is also still there.

So frustrating.

#21 ·
sigh-pace said:
Car went to the garage to fix resetting satnav, profiles not working and miles/km issues.
Software was updated from 2.0.9 to 2.1.0a but none of the above issues are fixed, it only got worse.

Satnav was resetting once per hour, now even more often.
All profiles are deleted and I can't create new profiles.
The miles/km issue is also still there.

So frustrating.
See my post above, I reinstalled the maps for the satnav using a usb memory stick and this solved the problems with the resetting of the satnav.
I had a longer drive today and it worked fine.

#24 ·
See my post above, I reinstalled the maps for the satnav using a usb memory stick and this solved the problems with the resetting of the satnav.
I had a longer drive today and it worked fine.
Will try that tomorrow, at least one thing would be solved
Updated maps for the satnav this morning, no reboots since. fingers crosses.

In the mean time I found that since the update to the 2.1.0a firmware, the 4G is working. 4G connectivity is shown on the display, live traffic information is available and the weather info is working.
What isn't working though is the car logging in to the Jaguar servers to register trip information, enable remote access services (charging info, warming/cooling etc).
I suspect this is also the cause of net being able to create profiles.
Had a call with the dealer this morning to discuss the inability for the car to connect to the JLR servers and they checked with JLR. Received a return call within the hour to make an appointment for another software update.
Friday August 6, the car will get another service update which will take about 4 hours which, according to JLR, will fix the remaining issues.

#25 ·
I have the same issue regarding profiles now. Can't get past the 'Next' button. I tried holding the power button down for more than 20 seconds (start/stop button I presume) but this didn't do anything - does the car have to be in a particular state to do this? I am on 2.0.1a as of 22nd July and there is a 4G symbol showing...

Thanks

#26 ·
Mine did the profile magic dissappearance trick again yesterday and also would not let me progress with creating a new profile (still on 2.0.10) even a reboot was unable to fix it. I was leaving it at the dealers for other fixes so hopefully they can fix this too but I shan't hold my breath.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.