Issues with latest OS 2.1.0a

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
petercw3

Issues with latest OS 2.1.0a

Post by petercw3 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:23 pm

My car automatically updated to the latest software on July 14th - version OS 2.1.0a

The update wiped out all profiles stored on the car but more disconcerting is the fact that I now cannot create any profiles in the vehicle. I can enter a new profile name and select an icon but then when you press the "NEXT" button nothing happens. I've tried this several times now in past two days to no avail.

Anyone else getting same issue and how does one go about reporting this to Jaguar ir get specific help on the software versions?
Last edited by petercw3 on Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY21 HSE - Portofino Blue / Oyster Leather / 20" style 5068 wheels / clear view rear mirror

NeilR

Re: Issues with latest OS 2.0.1a

Post by NeilR » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:30 pm

We are on 2.1.0 and have lost connectivity. We can create profiles but we can't log our profiles into in control and so no spotify or personal settings etc. the sat nav works fine though which is good because others have had problems and we are taking it on holiday soon.

I think we will stick where we are for the while and not upgrade to 2.1.0a until the issues are understood and resolved in a further update.
Last edited by NeilR on Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY21 HSE

petercw3

Re: Issues with latest OS 2.1.0a

Post by petercw3 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:35 pm

Actually I typed the version wrong first time - the latest software is 2.1.0a and not 2.0.1! sorry
MY21 HSE - Portofino Blue / Oyster Leather / 20" style 5068 wheels / clear view rear mirror

NeilR

Post by NeilR » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:37 pm

petercw3 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:35 pm
Actually I typed the version wrong first time - the latest software is 2.1.0a and not 2.0.1! sorry
I typed it wrong too! I have edited my post.
MY21 HSE

Linda44

Post by Linda44 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:49 am

petercw3 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:23 pm
My car automatically updated to the latest software on July 14th - version OS 2.1.0a

The update wiped out all profiles stored on the car but more disconcerting is the fact that I now cannot create any profiles in the vehicle. I can enter a new profile name and select an icon but then when you press the "NEXT" button nothing happens. I've tried this several times now in past two days to no avail.

Anyone else getting same issue and how does one go about reporting this to Jaguar ir get specific help on the software versions?
I have the same problem with my Jaguar Xe. Can’t get past the next screen.

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:02 pm

Linda44 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:49 am
petercw3 wrote:

I have the same problem with my Jaguar Xe. Can’t get past the next screen.
I had this issue after one of the many spontaneous profile evaporations I have had in my car.

You can enter a name but not continue (the enter key does nothing). This may be a connectivity issue, I solved it when it happened to me by doing a system reboot and then I was able to progress. I do think you need to see a connection though or you will likely have difficulty.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger

recalluk

Post by recalluk » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:31 pm

petercw3 wrote:

Check you have 4G showing on the panel on the left - if not then reboot (20 second hold of power button) - It wont allow you to register either on Wifi or tethered to a hotspot .. it HAS to have a 4G connection.
There was a 4G blip last week or so and a reboot sorted it for lots of us.

Touch wood since the update and recreating my profile everything now seems to stick .. its seems to be that final hurdle is worth it (finally ... maybe ... hopefully).
My21 HSE - Santorini Black, Black Pack, Pano Roof - Software 2.0.10e

kermit68

Post by kermit68 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:37 pm

I went from 2.0.6 to 2.0.10 to 2.1.0 within 2 weeks. After an initial loss of connectivity, now solved, I'm stuck with the satnav crashing and rebooting randomly every 5 minutes more or less.
I noticed that not all of those that went to the 2 new sw versions have the same problem. Question for those with the same problem as me: did you update the maps recently? I'm try to understand if this problem could be a combination for new firmware with new maps or it depends only on the new fw.
MY21 Yulong White SE, 20", head-up display, air susp, matrix lights, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs
MY20 SE - gone

recalluk

Post by recalluk » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:41 pm

kermit68 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:37 pm
I went from 2.0.6 to 2.0.10 to 2.1.0 within 2 weeks. After an initial loss of connectivity, now solved, I'm stuck with the satnav crashing and rebooting randomly every 5 minutes more or less.
I noticed that not all of those that went to the 2 new sw versions have the same problem. Question for those with the same problem as me: did you update the maps recently? I'm try to understand if this problem could be a combination for new firmware with new maps or it depends only on the new fw.
I did following (by chance) ...

Day 1 ....Latest Map via USB - >
Day 4 ....Pivi 2.1.0 ->
Day 5.... Lost 4G so tried full wipe/reset (it wasn't that) ->
Day 6 ... 4G returned and entered details into Pivi again ->
Day 11 ... 2.1.0a - Been faultless since.
My21 HSE - Santorini Black, Black Pack, Pano Roof - Software 2.0.10e

electric beagle

Post by electric beagle » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:38 pm

Still no 2.1.0 here but then I haven't driven the car recently as without AC it has been about as much fun as self immolation.
MY21HSE, Portofino Blue, Oyster interior, Wireless Charger, Cupholder Covers, Active Air Suspension, Adaptive Dynamics, Clear Sight rear view mirror, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Upgraded Cabin Lighting, Aluminium trim, Andersen EV Charger