"Update coming in April to fix known issue"

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
EV i fi

"Update coming in April to fix known issue"

Post by EV i fi » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:48 pm

My iPace has been in the dealership for almost 2 months having lost DC charging ability (on every unit tried, with the dealers demo iPace charging fine on the same units in a side-by-side test.)

The initial "fix" by the dealer was a software update after they'd had it for a day or so. I picked the car up and drove to three DC chargers, all failed to charge.

I took it straight back to the dealers but noticed the climate control was blank and non functional. I pointed this out to them.

After almost two months now they are telling me my DC charging problem will be fixed by an update due for release "in April", addressing a "known issue".

Any one heard of this?

HSE

Re: "Update coming in April to fix known issue"

Post by HSE » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:18 pm

My MY19 I-Pace refused all attempts to DC charge until an excellent Master-Tech diagnosed the BCCM module was faulty and required replacement. Umpteen Software updates failed for me, I hope you have better luck with them.

dernotte

Post by dernotte » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:40 pm

Last year, I was not able to charge (on 120, 240 or 400v) after a trip on the highway (summer time, I was not able to read battery temp at that time). I had to let the car cool down for 30 min to charge again. The dealer updated the gateway (BCM/GWM) , the BECM and BCCM. The problem was fixed. Never had any issue with charging on 120, 240 or 400v since then.
Last edited by dernotte on Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DevonIPace

Post by DevonIPace » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:18 pm

Same here, interested to know I’m not the only one and that there may be a fix. Currently on week 13 (cumulatively) of 37 weeks ownership and no return date forecast and no solution found. I have not heard anything about a software issue, and it sounds like similar elements have been previously identified as yourself. And the same again, my courtesy 70 plate has had no issues using the same chargers as with my 20 plate.

Interested to hear more...!

Frasot

Post by Frasot » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:53 pm

Could somebody explain how to find out wich software update is in my new MY21. In control settings is empty🤯

2-BEV

Post by 2-BEV » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:10 pm

Mine too was blank and stated software was up to date. However, I got an update on the 18th March and it states "Last installed Software update: OS 2.0.9a P2C9".
MY21 SE Portofino/Oyster OS 2.0.9a P2C9. Mini Cooper SE