MY21 constantly forgetting profiles

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
TrophyJem

MY21 constantly forgetting profiles

Post by TrophyJem » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:45 pm

Up until recently my I Pace has only forgot it's profiles once.
Now I can't seem to keep a profile in it. Every time I go to the car it's forgotten them.
I've tried a reboot (holding the power button down for 20+ secs) but it's still doing it.
I can't work out what's changed. I've not had a software update or anything, so why start to forget now I wonder :?:
MY21. HSE - Eiger grey, Black pack, 20" black alloys, panoramic roof.

EEV320

Re: MY21 constantly forgetting profiles

Post by EEV320 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:01 pm

I had that when I fiddled with the key fob and tried what happens with the panic alarm on an empty parking lot.
It did what the name implies: the car panicked! Lost profile and everything. It did that 3 times until everything was good again.
No clue what happened.
EV320SE MY2021
German spec.
Eiger grey, black pack, drivers assistance pack, WiFi hotspot
Software 2.0.8a P3AX

Maettu

Post by Maettu » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:41 pm

Same here. Worked sporadically until 2.0.6, then worked as expected. Then, without any cause, since two weeks ago the profile didn't appear anymore. I am totally fed up with that crappy software. I am now just thankful that the basic functions work at least. It's a great car, but the software implementation fulfills every prejudice with an indian company (sorry for that, I am totally fed up, I know PIVI pro is Sony). And the dealerships are mostly clueless. It doesn't stop with the profile, there are so many more bugs...
ElectroCat MY21
Software bugs @ 2.0.8 blabla

ArubaIpace

Post by ArubaIpace » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:05 pm

I had that problem several times before the latest update. since then it has only happened once and that was when I tried to use the the timed charging. that really doesn't work properly and the car had a fit and refused to charge at all for about an hour, but then seemed to reset itself and started charging normally and has been fine since. At the same time it also lost the profile again. Whether the 2 things are related I cannot tell, but I no longer attempt timed charging and the car has been fine since then. Frustrating though I agree.
2021 HSE, air suspension

ChrisSB

Post by ChrisSB » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:36 am

My brand new car forgot all it's profiles over the weekend. I think it's running 2.0.3 however and it's going back to the dealer to be updated tomorrow.

TrophyJem

Post by TrophyJem » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:58 pm

ChrisSB wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:36 am
My brand new car forgot all it's profiles over the weekend. I think it's running 2.0.3 however and it's going back to the dealer to be updated tomorrow.
Mine's on 2.0.6 and keeps forgetting profiles, so I wouldn't get too hopeful that it will cure your issue
Although it didn't do it for a couple of weeks after it was first updated, but now it can't keep a profile for a whole day
MY21. HSE - Eiger grey, Black pack, 20" black alloys, panoramic roof.

ChrisSB

Post by ChrisSB » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:53 pm

At the moment the dealer can't even get the update installed so I'm hopefully for nothing....