Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Keyless entry

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Abu Dhabi Dude 
#1 ·
Keyless door operation has just stopped working both for unlocking and locking doors. Has anyone else experienced this problem and how do I resolve it? Before you ask, no my mobile was not in the same pocket as the key.

#5 ·
Didn't check batteries as locking now working fine although It looks like I have a bigger problem as the regenerative braking has turned itself off despite saying its on and the main display panel has developed an intermittent flash. Not sure if these problems have been reported elsewhere on the forum but will take a look.

#6 ·
Is your car charged to 100%? If so, that seriously impacts regen as effectively there is little room to store the recovered energy. Once the battery levels drop you may notice a definite difference in regen performance. If you are already less than 80%, it's not going to be that but a different issue...

#7 ·
Reading your post, can I take it that REGEN is OFF in the Driver Settings Screen? Yours is a MY21 and I believe the Driver settings is part of PiviPro now.
It may still be accessible using the OK button on the steering Wheel.
If it is off there, have you turned it on to HIGH and taken it for a drive? Is it still on HIGH when you get back and turn the IGN OFF? If on turning the IGN ON it has turned itself OFF, then you have a problem!
Some of trhese settings are part of the Driver Profile you set up when you pair a key etc.
For instance you may prefer HIGH REGEN and that can be set with your key, your partner, with their key, may prefer LOW or NO REGEN.
Worth checking.

Stay safe

Ian

#9 ·
I have same issue of keyless entry not working.
Handles wouldn't emerge when button pressed. Didn't matter which door. Swipe system for boot was the same and st times boot wouldn't open despite pressing rubber button.
Car is in at Jaguar again to see if it can be resolved. They're replacing door handles so will see if this fixes it.

Jaguar I-PACE HSE 2020 year

#10 ·
I've got screen glitches since a software update. The regenerative braking also didn't seem as aggressive, I thought it was off, but I *think* it's still working... I might try switching it off to see the difference. Only had mine a few days.

MY21 HSE

#12 ·
scm said:
Stu said:
The regenerative braking also didn't seem as aggressive, I thought it was off, but I *think* it's still working...
How full is your battery? If it's 100%, regen has nowhere to go so doesn't work ....
It did tie in with me having done my first full charge. I just thought that the regenerative breaking would feel consistent in how much it slowed the car down even if the energy wasn't going anywhere, and it was the feel I was going by, it seemed to very noticeable slow me down the first time I used it, but not so on the latter journey? Plus it didn't stay at 100% for very long at all so I would think that regenerative braking would be just trying to keep as much as possible rather than overfill it as it were? I completely new to this though so I'll accept your experience.

#13 ·
scm said:
Stu said:
The regenerative braking also didn't seem as aggressive, I thought it was off, but I *think* it's still working...
How full is your battery? If it's 100%, regen has nowhere to go so doesn't work ....
It did tie in with me having done my first full charge. I just thought that the regenerative braking would feel consistent in how much it slowed the car down even if the energy wasn't going anywhere, and it was the feel I was going by, it seemed to very noticeably slow me down the first time I used it, but not so on the latter journey? Plus it didn't stay at 100% for very long at all so I would think that regenerative braking would be just trying to keep as much as possible rather than overfill it as it were? I'm completely new to this though so I'll accept your experience.

#14 ·
Stu said:
It did tie in with me having done my first full charge. I just thought that the regenerative braking would feel consistent in how much it slowed the car down even if the energy wasn't going anywhere, and it was the feel I was going by, it seemed to very noticeably slow me down the first time I used it, but not so on the latter journey? Plus it didn't stay at 100% for very long at all so I would think that regenerative braking would be just trying to keep as much as possible rather than overfill it as it were? I'm completely new to this though so I'll accept your experience.
There is almost no regen available at 100%. It doesn't then all become available at 99%. Depending on the temperature outside it can be as low as 86% before maximum regen is available. I've actually seen even lower than that on a particularly cold day. There is a small green mark on the outside of your speedo on the left hand side. That shows your maximum regen available at any time. It will disappear when you have full regen available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.