Theft Warning EV320

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: Theft Warning EV320

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:38 pm

Daon7800 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:09 pm
I have just been for another shortish drive. The Jaguar app is still showing the range and charge pre the drive. MyPace is reporting the correct charge level and estimated range, which suggests the car is communicating with Jaguar HQ. MyPace is reporting 13.2V (on 12V battery) and TCU Battery at 80%.
I was really referring to the theft warnings. App comms is likely to be something else (although it could in a few cases be related to the TCU battery). If yours is at 80%, it is unlikely your TCU battery is causing your comms problems.

Daon7800

Post by Daon7800 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:44 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:38 pm
Daon7800 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:09 pm
I have just been for another shortish drive. The Jaguar app is still showing the range and charge pre the drive. MyPace is reporting the correct charge level and estimated range, which suggests the car is communicating with Jaguar HQ. MyPace is reporting 13.2V (on 12V battery) and TCU Battery at 80%.
I was really referring to the theft warnings. App comms is likely to be something else (although it could in a few cases be related to the TCU battery). If yours is at 80%, it is unlikely your TCU battery is causing your comms problems.
I suspect my 12V battery may have been low at the point the alert was generated. I had left my Apple Car Play dongle plugged in and the car had not been used for a few days. Seemed to recover Comms to the app after a couple of stop / starts or ‘turning the engine over’ as Jaguar support referred to it when the car lost Comms in the very early days of my ownership.
Youlong White HSE MY20.
Info: S20B1_20.30.2-578440 VCS: 19.2 BECS: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE

legacyweaver

Post by legacyweaver » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:55 pm

I'm back guys :lol: . So the TCU and 12 volt battery was replaced last month. Up until today it has worked as intended, no false warnings and all remote functions were working. Now I have the same problem I had in December, false warnings and no connectivity with the official Remote app. MyPace seems to partially work, so at least I have that for monitoring.

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:53 am

legacyweaver wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:55 pm
I'm back guys :lol: . So the TCU and 12 volt battery was replaced last month. Up until today it has worked as intended, no false warnings and all remote functions were working. Now I have the same problem I had in December, false warnings and no connectivity with the official Remote app. MyPace seems to partially work, so at least I have that for monitoring.
Oh no, not again!

Maybe it’s just server issues with the app. For my part, I have not had any further theft warnings but yesterday, the In control IOS app reported that my car was ‘driving’ and therefore no remote functions were available, despite the cat sleeping exactly where I had left it! On the next startup, the situation resolved.
Unless another faulty TCU...
MY21. SE Fuji white, Black pack, 5068 black alloys, panoramic roof.

legacyweaver

Post by legacyweaver » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:08 pm

@MyCat: Hehe indeed!

I hope so. Today it has mostly worked fine, but an hour ago it started acting up again with a new false warning.

Hope it works out for you, like you say, hopefully it's a server issue.

If it has to go to the dealer again I'll let you guys know what they did this time.

legacyweaver

Post by legacyweaver » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:55 pm

Car is at the dealer again. They've replaced an antenna (4th component change on the car since December last year), but there are still ongoing issues.

legacyweaver

Post by legacyweaver » Mon May 03, 2021 2:39 pm

Update: Car received a new antenna component in April (5th component change). It seems to be fixed for now, hopefully no more issues going forward.

JagsG

Post by JagsG » Tue May 04, 2021 8:55 am

legacyweaver wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:55 pm
Car is at the dealer again. They've replaced an antenna (4th component change on the car since December last year), but there are still ongoing issues.
Can you say something about this antenna? Which one is it exactly? My dealer said that my "theft notifcations" will disappear after the new SOTA update. (current PIVI version is 2.08)
So I guess my dealer has no clue about the real fix.

I have set my car to "servicemode", just to be able to use WattCat. Since that, its working OK for me...but ofcourse its just a "bypass".
MY21 - Eiger Grey - EV320