Jaguar incontrol log in

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
greencard20
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:32 am
Location: UK

Jaguar incontrol log in

Post by greencard20 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:46 pm

Here I'm with a week old I-Pace, my first ever BEV🙂 I've had issues logging to incontrol account via pivi pro. I've already created an account and it's accessible via the app, internet browser etc but not when I try to log in via the infotainment system. I've even tried logging in via in built 4g SIM and also using my phone as a hotspot but still no luck.

Am I not doing correctly or could this be a bug and what am I missing exactly by not logging in? Is it mainly recognising the user and adjusting seat position etc or something more? Let me know your experiences, thanks.
21MY I-Pace / HSE / Pano roof / PIVI Pro................... 8-)

ACB5
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:19 pm
Location: Halesowen/West Midlands

Re: Jaguar incontrol log in

Post by ACB5 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:13 am

My car will not let me create a profile at all so cannot access any of the cars features. It will let me use the apps but beyond that its a no go. I am awaiting a call from JLR on Monday to try and sort. May have been a problem with how the dealer set the car up and with a Covid handover which in essence was here is the car there was no opportunity to sort out or go through anything.
MY21 HSE Caesium Blue, Black Wheels, No badges, Rear aircon, Privacy glass, Sunroof, Clearsight Camera, Wireless charger.

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar incontrol log in

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:27 am

greencard20 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:46 pm
Here I'm with a week old I-Pace, my first ever BEV🙂 I've had issues logging to incontrol account via pivi pro. I've already created an account and it's accessible via the app, internet browser etc but not when I try to log in via the infotainment system. I've even tried logging in via in built 4g SIM and also using my phone as a hotspot but still no luck.

Am I not doing correctly or could this be a bug and what am I missing exactly by not logging in? Is it mainly recognising the user and adjusting seat position etc or something more? Let me know your experiences, thanks.
Are you talking about logging in on the SatNav system in the car? If so, it’s a separate account and separate login. It doesn’t use the same account details as InControl. Or are you talking about profiles? They are also different and are set up within the car, and don’t use any form of login as such. They can be set to either recognise you by the key fob (and Bluetooth phone if you wish), or manually by selecting your profile in the infotainment system when you start the car.

greencard20
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:32 am
Location: UK

Re: Jaguar incontrol log in

Post by greencard20 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:27 am
greencard20 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:46 pm
Here I'm with a week old I-Pace, my first ever BEV🙂 I've had issues logging to incontrol account via pivi pro. I've already created an account and it's accessible via the app, internet browser etc but not when I try to log in via the infotainment system. I've even tried logging in via in built 4g SIM and also using my phone as a hotspot but still no luck.

Am I not doing correctly or could this be a bug and what am I missing exactly by not logging in? Is it mainly recognising the user and adjusting seat position etc or something more? Let me know your experiences, thanks.
Are you talking about logging in on the SatNav system in the car? If so, it’s a separate account and separate login. It doesn’t use the same account details as InControl. Or are you talking about profiles? They are also different and are set up within the car, and don’t use any form of login as such. They can be set to either recognise you by the key fob (and Bluetooth phone if you wish), or manually by selecting your profile in the infotainment system when you start the car.
Not the nav but this is incontrol log in which is an option in pivi pro. It is the same account as your remote app however I just can't log in when I enter all the details within the infotainment screen which is strange. Sounds very similar to what ACB5 commented.
21MY I-Pace / HSE / Pano roof / PIVI Pro................... 8-)

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar incontrol log in

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:17 pm

greencard20 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Not the nav but this is incontrol log in which is an option in pivi pro. It is the same account as your remote app however I just can't log in when I enter all the details within the infotainment screen which is strange. Sounds very similar to what ACB5 commented.
Ah right. Thanks for that. Hadn’t realised the MY21 had an InControl login as well!

sbathie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:37 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar incontrol log in

Post by sbathie » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:11 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:27 am
greencard20 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:46 pm
Here I'm with a week old I-Pace, my first ever BEV🙂 I've had issues logging to incontrol account via pivi pro. I've already created an account and it's accessible via the app, internet browser etc but not when I try to log in via the infotainment system. I've even tried logging in via in built 4g SIM and also using my phone as a hotspot but still no luck.

Am I not doing correctly or could this be a bug and what am I missing exactly by not logging in? Is it mainly recognising the user and adjusting seat position etc or something more? Let me know your experiences, thanks.
Are you talking about logging in on the SatNav system in the car? If so, it’s a separate account and separate login. It doesn’t use the same account details as InControl. Or are you talking about profiles? They are also different and are set up within the car, and don’t use any form of login as such. They can be set to either recognise you by the key fob (and Bluetooth phone if you wish), or manually by selecting your profile in the infotainment system when you start the car.
Hi Abu Dhabi Dude - the 21MY PiviPro doesn't have a seperate account for the SatNav system, there is just one account you can log into for your profile in the car and that's the InControl account.

Abu Dhabi Dude
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jaguar incontrol log in

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:48 am

sbathie wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:11 am

Hi Abu Dhabi Dude - the 21MY PiviPro doesn't have a seperate account for the SatNav system, there is just one account you can log into for your profile in the car and that's the InControl account.
Thanks for that info. That simplifies the process a bit at least. When it works!

Corbzy
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:49 am
Location: UK

Re: Jaguar incontrol log in

Post by Corbzy » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:53 am

I have exactly the same issue on my 21MY. Created my in control account, added the car to my account via a web browser, can use the in control app no problem, but simply cannot log in to my in control account using PIVI Pro in the car itself. It says the cars not linked to the account I'm attempting to log in to.

Would love to know if you found a resolution.

greencard20
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:32 am
Location: UK

Re: Jaguar incontrol log in

Post by greencard20 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:18 pm

Corbzy wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:53 am
I have exactly the same issue on my 21MY. Created my in control account, added the car to my account via a web browser, can use the in control app no problem, but simply cannot log in to my in control account using PIVI Pro in the car itself. It says the cars not linked to the account I'm attempting to log in to.

Would love to know if you found a resolution.
No, not yet.
21MY I-Pace / HSE / Pano roof / PIVI Pro................... 8-)

Corbzy
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:49 am
Location: UK

Re: Jaguar incontrol log in

Post by Corbzy » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:17 pm

So I took mine back to the dealer and they found a fault with one of the antennas, this was preventing the car from communicating properly with in control.

Once they replaced the antenna I was able to log in to my in control account using PIVI Pro.

Post Reply