Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Volkswarren

Re: Another dead ipace.....

Post by Volkswarren » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:27 pm

ELray wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:55 am
Larf1986 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:07 am
Here's my current breakdown history I feel your pain, looks like the 12v issue is widespread.......... I have just sent this to the lease company to try and return the car, it's a shame because I actually love my iPace and I'm not sure what to change it for as I want to stick with an EV but I really need a car that is reliable.

10/04/2019 - Jaguar Assistance - Both Screens blank - Car updated roadside and left working
12/04/2019 - Jaguar Assistance - Both Screens blank - Unable to fix at roadside, arranged to drop off at Inchape Preston, hire car provided care with dealer approx 2-3 weeks
July 2019 - Inchcape Preston - Paint had started peeling on the bonnet, assumed would be routine warranty job, took to Inchcape Preston, explained what had happened and the took some photos. JLR rejected the warranty repair and said it should have been picked up at PDI, I tried to explain that the paint had only started to peel of recently, after numerous phone-calls JLR UK eventually agreed and stated the information wasn’t given to them correctly from the dealer.
18/10/2019 - Inchcape Preston - Paint Defect Repair - Paint started peeling from bonnet, took numerous phone calls and emails with JLR customer service to have them agree to the repair was in courtesy car until 01/11/2019
20/11/2019 - Jaguar Assistance - Gearbox fault detected new wiring loom required courtesy car arranged, vehicle was at Kentdale JLR until 09/12/2019
January 2020 - Kentdale JLR - Charging flap sticking shut unable to open
10/05/2020 - Jaguar Assist - Battery Fault Detected, 12v battery had discharged, was told this could have been caused by me and driving style, this had not changed at all during the pandemic as I had continued working as usual
20/05/2020 - Jaguar Assist - Battery Fault Detected, 12v battery discharged vehicle fixed at roadside
06/07/2020 - Jaguar Assist - Battery Fault Detected, 12v battery discharged vehicle recovered and taken to Kentdale JLR, update applied was told problem fixed.
19/07/2020 - Jaguar Assist - Battery Fault Detected, 12v battery discharged vehicle fixed at roadside
02/08/2020 - Jaguar Assist - Battery Fault Detected, 12v battery discharged vehicle fixed at roadside more updates applied,
13/08/2020 - Jaguar Assist - Vehicle recovered and taken to Kentdale Jaguar with battery fault 12v battery discharged for sixth time in three months and is still with dealer
Oh what a sad story! I’m in the same boat. Lately I’ve had 4 brake downs due to low 12V. The 12V battery will not keep its charge very long, but when it’s fully charged, the crank test on the battery is good. This gives the dealer good enough reason to tell me the 12V system and battery is good. They also deny me to buy a different decent battery to swap, telling me the warrant on the car would be void. So basically they give me a fuck you, deal with it finger.
Now, while the battery is not healthy, the car has also stopped trickle charge / top up the 12V battery lately. I’m unsure why, but it could be an update done to the system during one of my "pit stops" at the dealers. The dealer wouldn’t even look at this possibility.
One workshop also destroyed a original luggage strap I got with the car, but for now, won’t take my call, won’t call me back and won’t answer my email.
My car has been serviced three different places, only one place I’ve been given a good service, and of course, it’s the far away one. It’s a 42h round trip IF I don’t sleep at all (only during charging)
It’s the best car I have ever driven, when working, but the worst service ever!
I’d risk buying a new battery and trying it, put the old one back on if it makes no difference.

Or maybe try ctek charger and put it on recondition 12v battery.
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 19.2 | InControl: S20B1_20.30.2-578440. https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-moth-32

Adrian iPace

Post by Adrian iPace » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:18 am

On Sunday morning, my iPace refused to start. I called Jaguar Assist and they picked up the car, and I got home in a rented car.

Corris Grey, 20", X590 2020

Maxwell_400

Post by Maxwell_400 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:59 am

Volkswarren wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:27 pm

I’d risk buying a new battery and trying it, put the old one back on if it makes no difference.

Or maybe try ctek charger and put it on recondition 12v battery.
Buy a 12 volt monitor like this one; https://www.ctek.com/uk/products/car/ctx-battery-sense

You can connect it to the OBD II port which is always powered or to the fuse box under the back seat. Then you should be able to show the dealer a graph of how the battery performs and if it trickle charges.

As a customer you shouldn't have to do this but sometimes it is difficult to find the problem.
I-Pace SE++, MY20, 18" summer & winter, no panoroof, towbar, spare wheel, H264, H280, TCU 18.2, BECM: BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE

Adrian iPace

Post by Adrian iPace » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:38 am

Adrian iPace wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:18 am
On Sunday morning, my iPace refused to start. I called Jaguar Assist and they picked up the car, and I got home in a rented car.

UPDATE:

I received information from the service: faulty front motor cable. Repair term: 8 working days

sshiralkar

Post by sshiralkar » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:02 pm

My brand new I pace stopped working last week on Tuesday. It still in the garage. On enquiry today we were told that it’s not a quick fix and will take time! One week has already passed by!!

Adrian iPace

Post by Adrian iPace » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:21 pm

Adrian iPace wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:38 am
Adrian iPace wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:18 am

UPDATE:

I received information from the service: faulty front motor cable. Repair term: 8 working days
Update 2

I spoke to the service now: they checked the wiring and it's ok. They checked all the auxiliary batteries and one of them had 5V instead of 12V. They loaded it and the car started. Tomorrow I will replace it with a new one. Looks like I escaped easily !!

8d2cfe7e-5d1e-4dbf-b2e6-b711212ad5e5.jpg

51mes

Post by 51mes » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:05 pm

Fully charged the car Sunday night, plenty of time to balance and preconditioned before heading 110 miles to Oulton Park for the Gold Cup.

About 25 miles in we turned onto the M6 accelerated down the slip road - "ping - Brake pedal feel reduced continue with caution", car continued to drive fine and brakes seemed to work fine, so continued On the way home as I'd been caning it on the motorway both ways & decided I needed to just top up charge as I Have to drive from sea level up and over an 800ft hill and back to sea level & only had 4 miles excess range, so pulled into Lancaster services for a quick 10-15 mins on a known good ecotricity - which turned into 30 or so as we ran into some friends. Got home perfectly with about 50 miles of range and 20% charge. couldnt be assed to charge - have another car and was not planning or needing to go anywhere.

Went to do a quick 3 mile to the beach for a sunset walk then charge when we got home today - screens starting up really weirdly "traction battery failure" message - charge now 33 miles and 13%. Rang Jaguar and a man will be out tomorrow lunchtime.

It's been perfect until now - including a 700 mile round trip to essex two weeks ago. Its run weekly at least 20 or so miles a time all the way through lockdown.. Hopefully its something or nothing - have a run to Bath in a few weeks and was looking forward to the run.

S.
MY20 (Nov19) I-pace SE |AIR|Pan Roof|Light Oyster 10 way Heated Seats|F/R Splash Guards I Caesium Blue| 18" 5055 wheels
Infotainment 19C + Telematics 16.2 + H264 | Home podpoint 7Kw+ Rpi/jlrpy for timed charging.

Adrian iPace

Post by Adrian iPace » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:41 am

I had the same error: Brake pedal feel reduced continue with caution, the day before the car died.

51mes

Post by 51mes » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:21 pm

Well Jag recovery visited today, as well as the other faults the park button light was flashing, which indicates the drivetrain is locked in park and also a charging system fault. Quite likely a chafed loom apparently.

First thing he checked was the charge state of all 3 batteries. Anyway it Is being lifted tomorrow, after they got it unlocked and off to the dealers for probably at least a week.. I will get a car dropped off tomorrow - probably some kind of land rover as its coming from the local landrover franchise - part of the same group.

I don't need the car all week, and as its at home obviously lower priority but the recovery trucks locally were all busy today - could only get a booking for mid morning tomorrow probably not helped by the inclement weather and everybody heading home as schools start up.

S.
MY20 (Nov19) I-pace SE |AIR|Pan Roof|Light Oyster 10 way Heated Seats|F/R Splash Guards I Caesium Blue| 18" 5055 wheels
Infotainment 19C + Telematics 16.2 + H264 | Home podpoint 7Kw+ Rpi/jlrpy for timed charging.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:32 am

51mes wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:21 pm
Well Jag recovery visited today, as well as the other faults the park button light was flashing, which indicates the drivetrain is locked in park and also a charging system fault. Quite likely a chafed loom apparently.

First thing he checked was the charge state of all 3 batteries. Anyway it Is being lifted tomorrow, after they got it unlocked and off to the dealers for probably at least a week.. I will get a car dropped off tomorrow - probably some kind of land rover as its coming from the local landrover franchise - part of the same group.

I don't need the car all week, and as its at home obviously lower priority but the recovery trucks locally were all busy today - could only get a booking for mid morning tomorrow probably not helped by the inclement weather and everybody heading home as schools start up.

S.
On mine, the flashing P button indicated that the Park module had failed and had to be replaced.