Main display black, climate control screen and rotary dials black

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Abu Dhabi Dude

Re: Main display black, climate control screen and rotary dials black

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:48 pm

Sounds slightly different to the original “black screen of death” problem. In those cases, the audio system also came on and stuck on at high volume. This sounds slightly different. As ChrisMc said, I’m still on Telematics 14.2 and never had the issue once. But I’m told SOTA is coming very soon for the TCU, so we’ll probably all be on 19.2 or 20.2 in the very near future.

Johnsoncp

Post by Johnsoncp » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:46 pm

The Jaguar assist man arrived and I bombarded him with information from you all. Yes my software was out of date. He connected his van to the 12v and proceeded to update the system. Immediately the screens came back. I asked him to check the other systems and he showed me his laptop with two full screens full of things that can be updated. He said a lot of mine were up to date but said one of them takes two hours to update and is only done if there is a problem.

So thank you all for your help and advice. I have no idea how to check the version I have installed and feel quite upset that the dealer would not have checked this as part of the pdi.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:03 pm

That’s not great service from your dealer. I remember mine delaying my handover by a day because they wanted to download all the updates so everything was on the latest version.

Ingenioren

Post by Ingenioren » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:18 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:48 pm
Sounds slightly different to the original “black screen of death” problem. In those cases, the audio system also came on and stuck on at high volume. This sounds slightly different. As ChrisMc said, I’m still on Telematics 14.2 and never had the issue once. But I’m told SOTA is coming very soon for the TCU, so we’ll probably all be on 19.2 or 20.2 in the very near future.
Someone, that know Jaguar quite well from the inside, say that this will not happen with current models (2019 and 2020).....It will require hardware changes that will come on the 2021 model :oops: