Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

'Flap' in front of rear wheel missing

5K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Ayepace 
#1 ·
I appear to have lost the small vertical flap that sits in front of the rear wheel, just on one side (RH, driver's side in UK). I saw it had come loose a couple of weeks back and pushed it back in place - it seemed to be 2 or 3 tabs that are used. I noticed today that it has fallen out completely. Firstly, does anyone know why these flaps are there? Secondly, what impact does not having it on one side have? Thirdly, is this a warranty issue or am I going to have to pay for a new one and what will it cost?

#3 ·
I would think that they are made to stay on the car for the cars life span, so I would assume Jaguar will set on new without cost for you.

#6 ·
Yep, it's a known issue - if not a recall item. I spoke to my dealership I-Pace technician last time mine was poorly and he said the fix was for them to drill an 8mm hole next to the 4mm ones that the original clips fit through and attach the splash guard 'flaps' back on with larger clips.

#12 ·
Hi, sorry to bring back an old post. I bought my I Pace 2 weeks ago and I’ve just found a loose splash guard (in front of the rear near side wheel), so I removed it. I noticed that a new one has another hole drilled into the opposite end (photos of my old one and a new eBay guard), so that it can probably secured with a similar screw as the existing one. Has anyone drilled a second hole and secured the splash guard with a plastic trim screw?
Wood Tool Rectangle Fashion accessory Auto part

Rectangle Automotive exterior Composite material Wood Auto part

#15 ·
Thank you for replies from Ayepace and electric beagle.
The TSB is very useful. Is this repair done free of charge under warranty?
The TSB indicates drill a 6mm hole for fixing scrivet, then drill 10mm hole in the deflector flap, but in the photo the 2nd hole in the new flap looks smaller than the original 10mm hole in my flap.
I assume that the wheel arch liner has to be moved to get access to allow installation of the blue clips on top of the 2 flat flap lugs from inside the wheel arch.

#14 ·
I had mine (both although only one was loose) replaced just after the 3 year warranty expired. There is a known issue with the quality of the retainers keeping the deflectors in place.

Reactions: Geo
#16 ·
The blue clips fit into existing retainer slots. They are on the deflector and you just push them and the deflectors into existing slots. The only thing needed is drilling the hole into the trim piece at the location indicated in the TSB.

I did this repair before JLR issued the TSB. Maybe they took note and made my fix official.

Check with your dealer about coverage for your car. It should be covered if you have a valid warranty.