Campaign H264 _range

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
LowOnCash

Re: Campaign H264 _range

Post by LowOnCash » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:41 pm

Thanks for the reply - Allowing the user to use more of the available battery or lowing the the shut-off range, is increasing the EV's battery and range no matter how you look at it.

I strongly feel all Jag did on 264 is correct the "0" range point closer to where it should have been to begin with. After my battery shows 10 miles, I have never been able to add 84 kw back in the battery, full charges are in the 75kw range. There are may posts where owners drive 20-30 miles after reaching 0 range, this means the GOM is showing 0 miles while the battery is still active.

In any case - for each one owner who says he experienced more range after the H264 update - there is 3 owners who say they have identical or even less range. As we all know, the IPace is near impossible to have any reliability with regard to mileage, where unlike the I3, it is very accurate and yields predictable range day after day!

Regards - Mike

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:19 pm

LowOnCash wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:41 pm
Thanks for the reply - Allowing the user to use more of the available battery or lowing the the shut-off range, is increasing the EV's battery and range no matter how you look at it.

I strongly feel all Jag did on 264 is correct the "0" range point closer to where it should have been to begin with. After my battery shows 10 miles, I have never been able to add 84 kw back in the battery, full charges are in the 75kw range. There are may posts where owners drive 20-30 miles after reaching 0 range, this means the GOM is showing 0 miles while the battery is still active.

In any case - for each one owner who says he experienced more range after the H264 update - there is 3 owners who say they have identical or even less range. As we all know, the IPace is near impossible to have any reliability with regard to mileage, where unlike the I3, it is very accurate and yields predictable range day after day!

Regards - Mike
Absolute made up nonsense. “For every one there are three”..... Not true. Made up. Along with pretty much every word you typed. Go troll somewhere else.

Not for your benefit (because you’re not interested in facts anyway) but just in case anyone else reads this thread in the vain hope that you had something useful to say, let me state that there is no “shut off range”. That’s not a thing. Doesn’t exist. The shut off point is when the battery is dead. Totally dead. There is a “zero point” which is the point at which the car has been calibrated to indicate 0%. But the car lets you drive on after that. Every EV does this. Because it is absolute idiocy to encourage people to drive until the battery is totally discharged. It kills batteries to do that. Everyone does it, including Tesla and BMW. Same as ICE cars which report zero miles and zero fuel before the tank is actually physically drained.

You’re just here trying to create trouble. Not sure why. Either you’re a shill or you are a disgruntled owner. Either way, all you’re doing is spreading misinformation and lies, and presenting it as facts in the hope that people will be dumb enough to fall for it. Here’s a hint: we’re not.

Also, in my experience the GOM now is extremely accurate once it has had some time to settle down to the owner’s driving style. When I drive anywhere, unless I’ve altered my driving style from my normal, every mile driven equals a mile on the GOM.

Also, if your car is giving different results in identical weather on the same journey then you are a very bad driver. It is beyond the laws of physics for the car to be driven in the same way, on the same journey, in the same weather and obtain different consumption. Literally impossible. They would have to come to your house and replace your battery, motors and ECU while you slept in order for that to be true.

For everyone that has issues post h264, there are 647 who have zero issues. That’s a fact. See how easy that is?

LowOnCash

Post by LowOnCash » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:27 am

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:19 pm
LowOnCash wrote:

Regards - Mike
Absolute made up nonsense. “For every one there are three”..... Not true. Made up. Along with pretty much every word you typed. Go troll somewhere else.

Not for your benefit (because you’re not interested in facts anyway) but just in case anyone else reads this thread in the vain hope that you had something useful to say, let me state that there is no “shut off range”. That’s not a thing. Doesn’t exist. The shut off point is when the battery is dead. Totally dead. There is a “zero point” which is the point at which the car has been calibrated to indicate 0%. But the car lets you drive on after that. Every EV does this. Because it is absolute idiocy to encourage people to drive until the battery is totally discharged. It kills batteries to do that. Everyone does it, including Tesla and BMW. Same as ICE cars which report zero miles and zero fuel before the tank is actually physically drained.

You’re just here trying to create trouble. Not sure why. Either you’re a shill or you are a disgruntled owner. Either way, all you’re doing is spreading misinformation and lies, and presenting it as facts in the hope that people will be dumb enough to fall for it. Here’s a hint: we’re not.

Also, in my experience the GOM now is extremely accurate once it has had some time to settle down to the owner’s driving style. When I drive anywhere, unless I’ve altered my driving style from my normal, every mile driven equals a mile on the GOM.

Also, if your car is giving different results in identical weather on the same journey then you are a very bad driver. It is beyond the laws of physics for the car to be driven in the same way, on the same journey, in the same weather and obtain different consumption. Literally impossible. They would have to come to your house and replace your battery, motors and ECU while you slept in order for that to be true.

For everyone that has issues post h264, there are 647 who have zero issues. That’s a fact. See how easy that is?

Thanks for the reply however "What are you even talking about" - I suggest that you read the threads of the hundreds of owners who upgraded to 264 and have the same or even worse results. You as I have no clue what H264 is doing or not doing so please don't go on a rage like you know what the update actually does. I have two personal friends in Atlanta who upgraded to 264 and they have "Zero" improvement and travel the same route every day. This is facts not just driving around and saying oh yeah its much better.

Please Study Up!

Regards - Mike

FENorway

Post by FENorway » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:49 am

I only speak for myself. But I was not convinced by this update for the first couple of weeks.
Now,however,I see consumption numbers that are way better than before.
I wonder, are there some kind of adaptivity in the software?
This weekend I did a trip of about 800 kms. Very bad winter condition most of the distance. Varying from soaking wet,to ice,slush and snow. Not one meter of dry road. Pretty low average speed because of road condition(about 70kmh). Going over four mountains more than 1000meters high and temperatures on average just below zero. Driving in ECO, AC on, manual fan step2,19 degrees, 20" 255 wintertyres, one preconditioned start, 2 cold starts, 2 fast charging sessions.(24-84% and 18-69%), one wallbox charging.
Ended up with 22,4 kwh/100km. (35,8kwh/100miles)
FE Corris grey light oyster/light oyster Performance 22" 5069 & 18" 19C_19.46.4-458817 and 18.2

fa147

Post by fa147 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:50 am

My opinion is...
This is what I think...
My thoughts on this are...
Well, if you ask me, I would say...

Are all better ways of starting the replies as fact is “1+1=2“ which is indisputable... and point of view is “Putin is a lovely man because..” which might be a very realistic point of view for some, nonetheless, you might find some may disagree with that point of view.
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: 19C_19.46.4-458817 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 8.30.100.156
Home Charging: Zappi 2.0

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:27 pm

LowOnCash wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:27 am
Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
LowOnCash wrote:

Regards - Mike

Thanks for the reply however "What are you even talking about" - I suggest that you read the threads of the hundreds of owners who upgraded to 264 and have the same or even worse results. You as I have no clue what H264 is doing or not doing so please don't go on a rage like you know what the update actually does. I have two personal friends in Atlanta who upgraded to 264 and they have "Zero" improvement and travel the same route every day. This is facts not just driving around and saying oh yeah its much better.

Please Study Up!

Regards - Mike
“Threads by hundreds of owners”! Lol. Yep. Ok. That’s exactly the kind of statement I was talking about.

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:42 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
LowOnCash wrote:

Regards - Mike

:thumbsup:
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18"
InControl Touch Pro S19C_19.46.4-458817. Vehicle Connectivity 17.2, Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say. H264v3 completed.

Return to “Faults & Technical”