Dead car - Gearbox fault detected

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
richardw

Re: Dead car - Gearbox fault detected

Post by richardw » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:39 pm

Another one bites the dust!!!
We are currently stuck in Southern Ireland awaiting a callback from JLR assistant in Lyon on Monday.
First message was re reduce brake feel. Was told by iPace assistant not to worry. Next day no ASPC. Today traction battery fault and the car won’t start.
Dublin dealership say can’t assess car for 2-3 weeks. So hopefully car to be repatriated to the UK. And we fly home leaving our luggage in Ireland.
I am surprised Jaguar are not proactively checking iPaces for the fault.
Guess the iPace fails as a long distance car for reliability 🤢
Photon Red FE. Ordered March 18.
Delivered 8th December

Paulsouthport

Post by Paulsouthport » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:53 pm

That's bad news, sorry to hear.
I agree that JLR should be recalling to sort this, it's becoming a very familiar story
I-Pace S, MY20 - built July 2019
S19C_19.46.4-458817, H264, H270, H280
Telematics 18.2

Subie

Post by Subie » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:25 pm

I honestly hope no one has to go through this issue again with the newer production cars, its shocking with all the people I've found out this has happened to JLR hasn't recalled their cars or have had any negative press regarding this. Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone after the warranty period is over, I can imagine it being a veru expensive repair

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:28 pm

I had the issue of reduced brake feel. This was fixed for me by ensuring the 12V battery was charged. It occurred because I had not charged my car for a while, ran down the charge as I had all the conveniences on due to the freezing weather. A full charge resolved the issue and I requested the dealership check the condition of this battery. A lot of the issues can be attributed to the 12V lead acid battery failing. It has occurred on a few I-Paces. If the 12V battery fails then the car will not drive. Some of the warning messages are over zealous and in some cases meaningless. The I-Pace does not have a gearbox so having a fault is pretty difficult but that is the stupidity of this message. The issues will be resolved unfortunately this will take time for the knowledge and experience to be cascaded into the dealership network.
Caesium Blue HSE. 22” Wheels, HUD, Pano
200+ miles range
S19A-19.24, H228

Subie

Post by Subie » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:55 pm

It seems as if we have progress, I can see the status on my app changing now, they have moved the car a bit and also the battery percentage has gone up.

We also agreed on compensation so I'll be part of the iPace family for a while, hopefully car is with me by the end of the week

malcolm

Post by malcolm » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:11 pm

Fantastic news Subie, I am pleased for you
fingers crossed for future trouble free motoring
Yulong white HSE, 20" wheels, ebony and black pack
S19B_19.40.4-436082
Telematics 14.2

Subie

Post by Subie » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:41 pm

malcolm wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:11 pm
Fantastic news Subie, I am pleased for you
fingers crossed for future trouble free motoring
Thank you, you've been great help thus far, it honestly feels like the first time I went to collect my car! They should do another presentation lol

richardw

Post by richardw » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:01 pm

Subie wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:55 pm

We also agreed on compensation so I'll be part of the iPace family for a while, hopefully car is with me by the end of the week
Hi Subie
Glad things are moving for you. JLR Assistance seem to be sorting things for our repatriation from Ireland.

May I ask what compensation you were offered? feel free to PM me
Richard
Photon Red FE. Ordered March 18.
Delivered 8th December

HardBoil

Post by HardBoil » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:45 pm

This seems to be an issue with the BMS, I have just had mine replaced, weird that so many cars went around the same time, maybe an issue due to a patch, maybe the cold?

It took 2 1/2 weeks for my car to get fixed partly because they had to order the BMS, I expect they will be running low on stock. It's maybe a good thing that new cars have been halted as the demand for these parts could have become an issue.
I-PACE / X590 / 2019 / EBONY BLACK/NARVIK BLACK

General i-pace rambling http://tinyurl.com/y54rn4d5

Subie

Post by Subie » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:56 pm

HardBoil wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:45 pm
This seems to be an issue with the BMS, I have just had mine replaced, weird that so many cars went around the same time, maybe an issue due to a patch, maybe the cold?

It took 2 1/2 weeks for my car to get fixed partly because they had to order the BMS, I expect they will be running low on stock. It's maybe a good thing that new cars have been halted as the demand for these parts could have become an issue.
I've seen a couple of people on facebook recently also mention the same issue that we are having, surely Jaguar by now must be concerned and thinking to do recalls to sort the issue out before leaving their drivers stranded.