Ecotricity

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Post Reply
luckybob990
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:27 am
Location: United Kingdom

Ecotricity

Post by luckybob990 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:56 pm

Ok so today I tried 3 Ecotricity points (different services) and all failed to charge after setup , communication check etc the screen went all the way though and began to charge then failed . All different CSS chargers in different locations. Then another ipace appeared plugged into one that failed to work on mine and worked straight away. I then found a pod CCS charger and it worked. So why is my ipace failing every time on Ecotricity and other ipaces successfully charge.


ChrisMc
Posts: 967
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: North West

Re: Ecotricity

Post by ChrisMc » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:35 pm

luckybob990 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:56 pm
Ok so today I tried 3 Ecotricity points (different services) and all failed to charge after setup , communication check etc the screen went all the way though and began to charge then failed . All different CSS chargers in different locations. Then another ipace appeared plugged into one that failed to work on mine and worked straight away. I then found a pod CCS charger and it worked. So why is my ipace failing every time on Ecotricity and other ipaces successfully charge.
would be handy if you could tell us where these chargers that failed were?
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc
InControlTouch Pro: S18D Updated 31.07.19 Updated 20.09.19 & 21.10.19 to S19B Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2?? - H228


SammyD
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Location: N.E Hampshire, UK

Re: Ecotricity

Post by SammyD » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:33 am

And the steps you carried out to try to start the charge.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19B_* Maps : whatever is current.


luckybob990
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:27 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ecotricity

Post by luckybob990 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:19 pm

Sorry guys used app to confirm my charge request then follow instructions on the machine .eg plug in CCS cable when told to . It go though setup,communication then to charge where screen changes to charging but within a couple of seconds ends charge . Happened on m4 reading west bound and Newbury or so today on M40 South bound Warwick services.


davidp40
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue May 14, 2019 10:08 am
Location: UK

Re: Ecotricity

Post by davidp40 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:52 pm

It's exactly the same for many of us. I'm over 10k miles now and still not one successful Ecotricity charge. Zero failures at other functioning chargers (Instavolt, Engenie, Polar, PodPoint). I say functioning as I had my first Polar failure today. Messed about for 15 minutes, and the helpline then told me it was out of order - shame they can't put something on the screen.
SE, Corris Grey, Pan roof, 20" diamond cut, delivered April 2019. Warwickshire.


SammyD
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Location: N.E Hampshire, UK

Re: Ecotricity

Post by SammyD » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:08 am

luckybob990 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:19 pm
Sorry guys used app to confirm my charge request then follow instructions on the machine .eg plug in CCS cable when told to . It go though setup,communication then to charge where screen changes to charging but within a couple of seconds ends charge . Happened on m4 reading west bound and Newbury or so today on M40 South bound Warwick services.
I've used those chargers myself without issue but not for several months.
I do tend to plug the cable in and lock the car before using the app. Then I unlock it later using the door handle button.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19B_* Maps : whatever is current.


mad783
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:50 am
Location: London

Re: Ecotricity

Post by mad783 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:58 am

I've had constant failed CCS charges at Ecotricity M4 Swansea, Membury, Cheively and Reading services (both east and west bound).. Same issue almost gets going - then suspends... Will try the plug and lock trick to see if it makes a difference.

Its such a pain that the UK's primary Motorway charging network doesn't work with the iPace. Time for the fuel stations at those locations to install! Resorted to just off the Motorway chargers from Polar (1-3 miles out of way but always 100% work!). Ecotricty say there is a compatibility issue with some iPace models. Its been ongoing for 12 months now - so feels like its a Ecotricity hardware not software issue as surely if the latter it would have been fixed by now!


SammyD
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Location: N.E Hampshire, UK

Re: Ecotricity

Post by SammyD » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:56 am

mad783 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:58 am
I've had constant failed CCS charges at Ecotricity M4 Swansea, Membury, Cheively and Reading services (both east and west bound).. Same issue almost gets going - then suspends... Will try the plug and lock trick to see if it makes a difference.

Its such a pain that the UK's primary Motorway charging network doesn't work with the iPace. Time for the fuel stations at those locations to install! Resorted to just off the Motorway chargers from Polar (1-3 miles out of way but always 100% work!). Ecotricty say there is a compatibility issue with some iPace models. Its been ongoing for 12 months now - so feels like its a Ecotricity hardware not software issue as surely if the latter it would have been fixed by now!
As I've said here before, I've used many Ecotricity Chargers over a wide range and apart from one charger being totally offline (inc Chademo) the results have been good. Fleet M3 Northbound is the only really iffy one that I've come across. Even opening the doors using the button on the handles causes the charge to stop.
Yes, sometimes it has taken two or three attempts to get a charge started but recently I've not had to do that at all.

There are often better (And faster) places to charge within a mile or so of the Motorways. Having a 'Plan B' is essential just in case your selected charger is ICE'd let alone U/S
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19B_* Maps : whatever is current.


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical”