Infotainment / AC displays blank

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
ChrisMc

Re: Infotainment / AC displays blank

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:23 am

MikeF wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:13 am
Thanks to you all for your replies. Following your advice I called Jaguar Assist again and this tune they scheduled an AA patrol call to my home address. This was a regular AA patrol who admitted they can’t do much with the I-PACE. He said they have a number of Jaguar Techs but the scheduler sends whoever is closest! He called Jag who told him to disconnect the power, leave it for 10 mins and reconnect. Made no difference so now the car is booked into my local Jag dealer for Wednesday morning. Not impressed!
That's just damn bad luck they didn't have a Jag Tech nearby. He would have it sorted for you no problem.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc
InControlTouch Pro: S18D Updated 31.07.2019 Uodated again 20.09.19 to S19B Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 ??? - H228

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:02 pm

scm wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:59 am
Chewy wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:32 am
mjc wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:35 pm
Note: If your screens do return (they sometimes come and go), try to check on your InControl software version (general settings, software), You can compare that with others (like my S19A_19.24.2-375121 in my signature line) to see how early your software release is - there are earlier S19 and even S18 versions out there, as well as 13.2 rather than 14.2 Telematics software.

Its almost certainly a software rather than a fuse issue.
Bit a bit difficult to accomplish that if the screen is not working :-)
That's why he said "If your screens do return" .... ;)
That’s what comes of working away in war torn Hong Kong and not fully reading the posting :-)
Caesium Blue S. 18” Wheels.
250+ miles range driven in the winter.
300+ miles range driven in the summer.
S19A-19.24, H228

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:15 pm

MikeF wrote:
Thanks to you all for your replies. Following your advice I called Jaguar Assist again and this tune they scheduled an AA patrol call to my home address. This was a regular AA patrol who admitted they can’t do much with the I-PACE. He said they have a number of Jaguar Techs but the scheduler sends whoever is closest! He called Jag who told him to disconnect the power, leave it for 10 mins and reconnect. Made no difference so now the car is booked into my local Jag dealer for Wednesday morning. Not impressed!
You have to update the TCU. Just disconnecting the power won't fix the underlying problem even if it had gotten the screens back to life.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.35.4-418001

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:21 pm

MikeF wrote:
Had it been me, I would have really thrown my Teddies out of the cot and told him to get someone who can fix the car NOW! That is what we pay for; sending someone unqualified is totally unacceptable.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19
Infotainment S19A_19.24.2-375121, Telematics 16.2, Battery Shh, it won't say.

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:45 pm

elbocko wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:21 pm
MikeF wrote:
Had it been me, I would have really thrown my Teddies out of the cot and told him to get someone who can fix the car NOW! That is what we pay for; sending someone unqualified is totally unacceptable.
Here, all Jaguar Assist does it come and collect your vehicle and bring it to the nearest dealer. They don't do actual technical work on the vehicles on site. Do they do that in the UK?
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.35.4-418001

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:47 pm

ardevd wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:45 pm
elbocko wrote:
MikeF wrote:
Here, all Jaguar Assist does it come and collect your vehicle and bring it to the nearest dealer. They don't do actual technical work on the vehicles on site. Do they do that in the UK?
Yes they do and are usually very good at it.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc
InControlTouch Pro: S18D Updated 31.07.2019 Uodated again 20.09.19 to S19B Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 ??? - H228

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:08 pm

ardevd wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:45 pm
elbocko wrote:
MikeF wrote:
Yes, I had a couple of instances of Black screen with Telematics 14.2. On both occasions I called Jaguar assist and had an AA man in a dedicated Jaguar LandRover assistance vehicle visit my house and reset the system. Following which, I took the vehicle in and they replace hardware which resulted in my having Telematics 16.2 and have had no further instances.
I suspect that being close to Southampton docks may mean that a dedicated Jaguar/Landrover support team is available to manage instances of vehicles being exported; just a guess though.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19
Infotainment S19A_19.24.2-375121, Telematics 16.2, Battery Shh, it won't say.

Rocklett

Post by Rocklett » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:24 am

MikeF wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:42 pm
Hi. Parked the car last evening and all was fine. Went to drive it today and the 2 central displays are blank. Called Jag dealership who suggested I bring it on on 2nd October. Suggested I couldn’t wait that long. They said I was under warranty so should call Jaguar Assist. They couldn’t help as it’s not a roadside recovery so suggested it was a dealer issue. They couldn’t tell me which fuse served the displays.
I’m happy to check a fuse but the manual doesn’t make it clear which one - can you help please? Thanks, Mike
I had this a few months ago, in fact all the infotainment screens blacked out. Called Jag Assist from the overhead button and a very knowledgeable chap came out. He was with me for between 3 & 4 hours and told me that he had to update various systems 10 times, 7 different updates needed to be applied and 1 didn't take twice but did on the 3rd attempt.

That cured many of the issues, certainly no black screens anymore but still had many other issues and ended up with the JLR Exec team assisting me and they were bloody marvelous, organising me a loan I-Pace when the dealer couldn't and pushing the dealer hard for me while it was in being looked at.

Hopefully this latest SOTA update that came out this week and I installed last night, will have fixed the remaining minor bugs I've had, fingers crossed.
Rocklett

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition, Grey, 22" wheels, with all the trimmings :D

Return to “Faults & Technical”