Infotainment / AC displays blank

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
MikeF

Infotainment / AC displays blank

Post by MikeF » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Hi. Parked the car last evening and all was fine. Went to drive it today and the 2 central displays are blank. Called Jag dealership who suggested I bring it on on 2nd October. Suggested I couldn’t wait that long. They said I was under warranty so should call Jaguar Assist. They couldn’t help as it’s not a roadside recovery so suggested it was a dealer issue. They couldn’t tell me which fuse served the displays.
I’m happy to check a fuse but the manual doesn’t make it clear which one - can you help please? Thanks, Mike

mjc

Re: Infotainment / AC displays blank

Post by mjc » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi Mike,

I have never had Jaguar assist say that they cannot assist because its not roadside recovery. So if you need it fixed urgently, I recommend you try that line again using the overhead call button (the left hand side one). They should be prepared to send a technician to your car, on your drive at home, or wherever. You may need to twist their arms by saying that even though the problem isn't immobilizing the car, you cannot know that it won't, and are not prepared to be the breakdown-test-dummy.

Reports on this forum indicate that some of the guys that Jaguar assist send out are very very good, and may even fix your problem there and then. If they cannot, then their report will enable Jaguar Assist to fast-track you into a dealership to find a permanent fix the problem.

On the bright side, the 'blank screens' and associated 'radio with a mind of its own' problems afflicted lots of us, earlier in the year, and should be a simple software update away from permanent fix. I had blank screens for a week or two early in the year and got quite used to the sounds of the Jaguar itself - it never stopped me driving, and enjoying the car, so I didn't let the dealers get hold of it for that, and it fixed itself following my first SOTA experience. See the thread(s) on 'Blank Screens' for others' experiences.
I-Pace HSE delivered 14/12/2018 - Farallon Black, Air++, oyster interior, panoramic roof, 20" std wheels
InControl Touch Pro Software Version: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics Software Version: 14.2
:?

mjc

Post by mjc » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Note: If your screens do return (they sometimes come and go), try to check on your InControl software version (general settings, software), You can compare that with others (like my S19A_19.24.2-375121 in my signature line) to see how early your software release is - there are earlier S19 and even S18 versions out there, as well as 13.2 rather than 14.2 Telematics software.

Its almost certainly a software rather than a fuse issue.
I-Pace HSE delivered 14/12/2018 - Farallon Black, Air++, oyster interior, panoramic roof, 20" std wheels
InControl Touch Pro Software Version: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics Software Version: 14.2

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:44 pm

Mike

My central screens all went blank months ago. I called Jag Assist and no matter what I told them they told me the same as they are telling you, it's a dealer fix. So I put the phone down and called them straight back, this time the lady who answered said she would get someone out to me right away.

An hour or so later a Jag Assist chap came out and had it all fixed and softwares updated etc in about 2 hours. Really nice chap and told me any other problems just call Jag Assist again.

I suggest you just call them back and ask for them to send someone out again.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc
InControlTouch Pro: S18D Updated 31.07.2019 Uodated again 20.09.19 to S19B Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2 ??? - H228

wh05apk

Post by wh05apk » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:59 am

I had the same issue with Jag assist "is it driveable?" If so not our problem.......go to your dealer....

ardevd

Post by ardevd » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:13 am

Don't get me started on Jaguar Assist. But if you call them and explain how without the screens you cannot adjust climate controls, meaning if the front windshield starts fogging up there could be a real hazard, they should come and help you out. That's what I did.

Anyways, the issue black screens is well known. You need to get the TCU updated to 16.2. It's not an infotainment related issue so if all your dealer offers to do is to upgrade InControl then insist that they update the TCU. I know dealers here received a notice from JLR on this issue so the fix is well known.
Control your I-Pace with jlrpy or WattCat for Android| I-PACE HSE Ebny Prem Txt MY2019.

Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.35.4-418001

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:32 am

mjc wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:35 pm
Note: If your screens do return (they sometimes come and go), try to check on your InControl software version (general settings, software), You can compare that with others (like my S19A_19.24.2-375121 in my signature line) to see how early your software release is - there are earlier S19 and even S18 versions out there, as well as 13.2 rather than 14.2 Telematics software.

Bit a bit difficult to accomplish that if the screen is not working :-)
Caesium Blue S. 18” Wheels.
250+ miles range driven in the winter.
300+ miles range driven in the summer.
S19A-19.24, H228

scm

Post by scm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:59 am

Chewy wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:32 am
mjc wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Bit a bit difficult to accomplish that if the screen is not working :-)
That's why he said "If your screens do return" .... ;)

mjc

Post by mjc » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:15 am

;)

MikeF

Post by MikeF » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:13 am

Thanks to you all for your replies. Following your advice I called Jaguar Assist again and this tune they scheduled an AA patrol call to my home address. This was a regular AA patrol who admitted they can’t do much with the I-PACE. He said they have a number of Jaguar Techs but the scheduler sends whoever is closest! He called Jag who told him to disconnect the power, leave it for 10 mins and reconnect. Made no difference so now the car is booked into my local Jag dealer for Wednesday morning. Not impressed!

Return to “Faults & Technical”