Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
RJUK

Re: Matrix Headlights ADB saga - GOOD NEWS

Post by RJUK » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:20 am

NightFox wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:02 am
RJUK wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:53 pm
I read some stupid (and incorrect) article on some Tesla fanboi website yesterday, saying that the Model 3's lights were the best, as tested by some American testing agency, when actually the truth was just that they have been rated as "good" since Tesla fixed them. They of course don't have any of the fancy matrix stuff that the I-Pace has.
The results of a comparison in the US would probably be a closer-run thing as US I-Paces don't feature matrix headlights as they're not yet road-legal over there.
I'm not even sure the I-Pace was in the comparison.

The top 5 included a bunch of Hondas, where I'd usually expect the likes of Mercedes to be at the top. I think the top 5 was cobbled together by a YouTube channel...

VW was listed as having the worst lights.
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

anupanu

Post by anupanu » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:47 pm

I've had matrix LED headlamps on my Astra K since 2016 (optional extra) and would definitely buy again. My understanding is that it is a Bosch system and most German manufacturers are using the same system, which begs the question why JLR have developed their own and have only just got it right.
As for fingers, the Bosch system has two rows of LEDs and can therefore light above and around the perceived obstacle.
Finally, yes, the animation is definitely a conversation starter.

Orpington_Shark

Post by Orpington_Shark » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Finally got my lights fixed yesterday (after 3 service visits and 3 months of battling), and I am seriously impressed now that they work. Its just a shame that JLR took so long to fix it.
HSE Firenze Red, MY20

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:15 pm

Definitely enjoying them now that the clocks have gone back. I drive along an unlit country lane most days on the way home, and not having to dip the headlights when cars come the other way is great. Much safer.
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

batteries_included

Post by batteries_included » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Car (late 18 HSE) at the dealer as full beam not working , apparently a new set of headlights are required.

Anyone else has this? Seems a bit extreme.

Jaguar don't have spare lights and no idea when they can get them either :-(
Indus Silver HSE

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:08 pm

Sounds odd, especially for both lights to fail at the same time...

batteries_included

Post by batteries_included » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:13 pm

RJUK wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:08 pm
Sounds odd, especially for both lights to fail at the same time...

Thats what i thought , I'm no engineer or rocket scientist but I cant understand how the running lights and dipped beam work but the full beam can fail on both lights at the same time :?
Indus Silver HSE

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Sounds like a part that's required for the operation of both lights, rather than the lights themselves.

Still, if it's under warranty and you get brand new lights...

Slowpoke

Post by Slowpoke » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:56 pm

Sorry if this has been answered. I have a late 19 HSE. Matrix headlights are definitely no active though auto high beam is. How do I figure out if my car has the Matrix headlights installed but not activated?

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:15 pm

Go into the menu on the digital dash and go to exterior lighting, then down to the ADB settings.

Return to “Faults & Technical”