Car Seized Up Completely - Multiple Errors, Wheels locked, Car Shutdown

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
thurlow39

Re: Car Seized Up Completely - Multiple Errors, Wheels locked, Car Shutdown

Post by thurlow39 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:08 am

Yes they have given me a nice new Range Rover Sport while the I-Pace is being fixed. They called to say that they would start work on it on Monday. I’ll post an update after they have resolved it. Their support has been very good.

malakai

Post by malakai » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:11 pm

thurlow39 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:26 pm
It was like the car was possessed, and then randomly after 10 minutes the bonnet opened on its own. They came out and dragged it onto a flatbed lorry and took it to the dealership. I’ve only done 10 miles in it so it hasn’t given me much confidence in the car.
Oh that sucks. :o Getting a new car is supposed to be fun, and that most certainly isn't.

What model year is the car? My '19, with its VIN in the 69500's, had a bunch of 'send it back to the dealer' type problems in the first month after delivery nine months ago, as well as this 12v battery thing just now. I guess I'm wondering if the one you got was an early build too, or if cars are still coming off the line like that now, almost a year later.

I also want to assure you that, despite the problems I've had with it, I think my IPace is a spectacular car. Its a shame that your first impression was so horrible.
😸 ⚡ 2019 I-Pace HSE EV400 / Silicon Silver, Black / Siena Tan, Ebony, Oyster / 20" 5068's
🇺🇸 ✋ Detroit Michigan

thurlow39

Post by thurlow39 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:07 pm

Yes it’s a UK 69 plate so recent model. The vin ends in 88084.
The 10 miles that I drove before the issues were great and it is a very nice car so looking forward to getting it back in working condition.

PaddysJag

Post by PaddysJag » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:10 pm

My problems started with the error message "Ok to drive with caution Brake pedal feel reduced", had that for about 2 days and ignored it as i had seen it before and it disappeared. Then on Wed.morning I got THUMP THUMP THUMP when i pressed the breaks, I drove on - driving was fine, but breaking was a big problem! It felt very unsafe! I decided to go to the nearest dealer - this was at 6am in the morning, got there about 6.30am, nobody had arrived yet. I Switched off the car, and tried to switch on again - the car was completely dead. Called Jaguar Assistance and logged the problem with them, and explained the problem to the technicians when they got in. The car is still with them, with no feedback from them as yet.
First Edition, MY18, Corris Grey, Windsor Leather, 22in Alloys.

Return to “Faults & Technical”