Car Seized Up Completely - Multiple Errors, Wheels locked, Car Shutdown

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
briboynyc

Car Seized Up Completely - Multiple Errors, Wheels locked, Car Shutdown

Post by briboynyc » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:48 pm

About a week ago I noticed an informational message pop up on my dashboard that said "Ok to drive with caution Brake pedal feel reduced. Click ok...so I do and the the right side of the dashboard has a yellow informational "i" and BRAKE. Now less than a week later I get another alert "ASPC not available" press ok to clear. Then shortly after that Stability control not available presss ok to clear. Then Traction battery fault detected. I then say WTF to myself whats going on. I then pull off the highway and approach a traffic light. I tap the break to slow the car down (faster then regen would) and the break pedal doesnt depress. I had to FORCEFULLY push the break down to stop the car. OK, maybe just a fluke. I release the break and the car doesnt move (Creep mode keeps turning off with new infotainment version) so I tap the accelerator and all of a sudden...THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. Kinda like the car was bunny hoping sorta like the brakes were engaged and i was forcing it to move. Now I have a Gearbox fault detected

I stopped the car, put it into park and then put it into drive. Move a few feet and THUMP THUMP THUMP. Pulled the car over and called roadside assistance. Now I cannot start the car. Press the brake and hit the start button the car screen boots up and then immediately shuts down. If I hit start without the brake pressed it starts up. Parking "P" is blinking on the shifter and blinking on my dashboard. Cannot put the car into neutral and it cannot be loaded into flatbed. ALL WHEELS ARE LOCKED

Emergency brake release didnt work. Finally hitting emergency release numerous times the brakes released then locked mid-pull onto flatbed. After another 10 mins of multiple attempts to release emergency brake the car brakes released.

Well 5 hours later it was taken to the only jaguar repair center that didnt have a 2-3week waiting list and only had a 2 day delay for loaner car. Cant believe it takes so long for an appt. Who knows when I will get my car back. They had to roll the car off the truck bed, connected a computer to the diagnostic board and it produced 23 PAGES OF ERRORS. I kid you not...22 pages printed up in the printer full of errors.

Now a week into the repair there is no resolution. The dealer is replacing the Park Pawl Motor Actuator to see if that fixes any of the problems.

briboynyc

Re: Car Seized Up Completely - Multiple Errors, Wheels locked, Car Shutdown

Post by briboynyc » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:50 pm

Here are pictures of the dash

file-6.jpg

file2.jpg

file4.jpg

file5.jpg

file1.jpg

file3.jpg

Jaggy_Luss

Post by Jaggy_Luss » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:56 pm

As I had your first massage I drove the car (aftet two days) to the dealer. There I got the second meassage and the brake did not work. After 2 weeks they analysed thaht there is a problem with the 12v battery.
In the mean time this is a known issue.
Caesium Blue, S, MY2019,
S19B_19.40.4-436082,
TCU ??? after H228,
Activ air suspension, HUD, drive assist 1&2
18 inch rims with 4 season tyres

briboynyc

Post by briboynyc » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:31 pm

The car has been in the repair shop for almost 2 weeks with no fix yet

kermit68

Post by kermit68 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:09 pm

briboynyc wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:48 pm
..... I tap the accelerator and all of a sudden...THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. Kinda like the car was bunny hoping sorta like the brakes were engaged and i was forcing it to move. Now I have a Gearbox fault detected

I stopped the car, put it into park and then put it into drive. Move a few feet and THUMP THUMP THUMP. Pulled the car over and called roadside assistance ....
The thump thump thump happened to me too together with a DSC fault error message. In my case they replaced the front motor inverter which turned out to be faulty. It needed 5 weeks to dealer to sort the problem ...
Your case seems to be more complicated with all those error messages, I'm not sure if the two cases can be correlated but you may mention it to your dealer. It won't hurt ;)
MY20 Yulong White SE, 20", air suspension, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs

thorfun

Post by thorfun » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:18 am

I had the “pedal feel reduced “ error as well. The car is in to have the matrix headlights looked at and I’ve told them about this error so they can look at it and maybe nip it in the bud before I get complete failure.
Corris Grey HSE with some extra stuff chosen.

briboynyc

Post by briboynyc » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:24 pm

kermit68 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:09 pm
briboynyc wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:48 pm
..... I tap the accelerator and all of a sudden...THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. Kinda like the car was bunny hoping sorta like the brakes were engaged and i was forcing it to move. Now I have a Gearbox fault detected

I stopped the car, put it into park and then put it into drive. Move a few feet and THUMP THUMP THUMP. Pulled the car over and called roadside assistance ....
The thump thump thump happened to me too together with a DSC fault error message. In my case they replaced the front motor inverter which turned out to be faulty. It needed 5 weeks to dealer to sort the problem ...
Your case seems to be more complicated with all those error messages, I'm not sure if the two cases can be correlated but you may mention it to your dealer. It won't hurt ;)
You mentioned it took 5 weeks to sort out the problem. What did Jaguar try before replacing the front motor inverter. Any suggestions, fixes, etc I can feed to the dealership for them to try.

briboynyc

Post by briboynyc » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:25 pm

thorfun wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:18 am
I had the “pedal feel reduced “ error as well. The car is in to have the matrix headlights looked at and I’ve told them about this error so they can look at it and maybe nip it in the bud before I get complete failure.
Can you keep this thread updated with what your dealer discovers?

thorfun

Post by thorfun » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:15 pm

briboynyc wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:25 pm
Can you keep this thread updated with what your dealer discovers?
definitely, although I'm not holding out much hope as the usual response is "we've updated the software so that should fix it" for most problems.
Corris Grey HSE with some extra stuff chosen.

briboynyc

Post by briboynyc » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:52 pm

So it appears that in order to change the Park Pawl Motor Control Circuit they had to open up a part of the car that is normally sealed. Once opened Jaguar cannot reuse the nuts and bolts as they're meant for one time use only. The dealer had to order a new set of nuts and bolts to close the area where the circuit is housed. Fingers crossed this fixes the problem

Return to “Faults & Technical”