Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Terry60

Re: Matrix Headlights (Adaptive Driving Beam) don't seem to be working

Post by Terry60 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:33 pm

gorky wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:40 pm
also the homelink garage door opener which is also not working
Are you sure it's not working ?
Or is it not compatible with your make of garage door ?
I ordered this too having just put in a wider door especially for the i-Pace (wouldn't fit through the old doors without retracting the mirrors).
Turns out the manufacturer I chose for the doors (UK) use electronics which are incompatible with the homelink system (USA).
Checked with JLR, Homelink and the door OEM and they all agree they won't work together without some kind of intermediate box of tricks translating between the mutually incompatible standards.
I had naively thought that any remote device could be programmed to talk any door, especially brand-new kit at both ends, nothing antique or outdated, and had not investigated before buying either.
The OEM said they could come and retro-fit somthing that would work for £1000 or so.
I just keep one of the remote fobs in the car !
Ex A3 e-tron (138mpg over 4 years)
Now in Black HSE (every tech option, no bling) MY20 VIN 829.. IC S19B_19.35 Tele 16.2 Maps 100.153
Awaiting PV, Powerwall, Zappi.
Looking forward to free motoring. (barring the cost of all the kit !)

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:02 am

Just in case anyone finds this thread while searching about home link and door openers in the U.K., I have a Chamberlain door opener in my garage and it works fine with the Jag door opener.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Terry60

Post by Terry60 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:50 am

Just got in after driving the loaner up and down the bypass (unlit) a few times.
Sod's Law, hardly any traffic on the road at all at 12:30 to test the ADB on.
At least the high beam came on as expected and neither of the two lorries I encountered coming the other way (not much for a total of about 10 miles) seemed bothered by the fact that I didn't dip, though I can't exactly say I could see the shaping of the beam or detect vertical stripes, but on the limited evidence very happy with ADB keeping the rest of the way ahead illuminated unlike AHBA.
Just hope mine end up working the same way some time soon.
Now in Black HSE (every tech option, no bling) MY20 VIN 829.. IC S19B_19.35 Tele 16.2 Maps 100.153

gorky

Post by gorky » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:37 am

Terry60 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:33 pm
gorky wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:40 pm
also the homelink garage door opener which is also not working
Are you sure it's not working ?
Yes i am quite sure, my nice car door opener in also not comapatible with homelink, so i bought a homelink universal 2-channel reciever (Model PR433-4) for 80 euro and wired it true potential free contact to my nice garage door opener. But unfortunaly i can't program this reciever with the homelink buttons in my rear mirror.

bazzaqpc

Post by bazzaqpc » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:16 am

Hi as promised last weekend I told Terry60 I would take some pictures of my dashboard has he had requested, I think they are pretty self explanatory, I set the Lighting control to the various modes and took a picture showing The Green Auto Light, plus actuation sequence and VIN number

IMG_3215.JPG

IMG_3214.JPG

IMG_3213.JPG

IMG_3212.JPG

IMG_3211.JPG

IMG_3210.JPG

I Pace HSE Indus Silver MY20, S19B,20" Wheels,Red Leather,AdSR, Active Air, Adaptive Dynamics, HUD,Cabin Air Ionisation & other bits and bobs, based in the Midlands B77, UK.

NightFox

Post by NightFox » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:58 am

bazzaqpc wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:16 am
Hi as promised last weekend I told Terry60 I would take some pictures of my dashboard has he had requested, I think they are pretty self explanatory, I set the Lighting control to the various modes and took a picture showing The Green Auto Light, plus actuation sequence and VIN number
Yep, certainly looks like yours works! I wonder why your car appears to be the "chosen one"?

bazzaqpc

Post by bazzaqpc » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:35 am

Maybe I`m related to William Lyons, my i Pace FE also worked VIN Number SADHA2A16K1F71032.
I Pace HSE Indus Silver MY20, S19B,20" Wheels,Red Leather,AdSR, Active Air, Adaptive Dynamics, HUD,Cabin Air Ionisation & other bits and bobs, based in the Midlands B77, UK.

Terry60

Post by Terry60 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:20 pm

All MY19 were OK.
The loaner I'm driving is a 717 VIN, and it's fine too.

Update from my dealer (The engineering manager) a few minutes ago.

They've been unable to diagnose the cause of the fault. (N.B. They do acknowledge that it's not working), so they have involved JLR engineering.
JLR are, at this moment, accessing my car remotely and doing their own wireless diagnostics.

At the moment, doesn't look like I'll be collecting my car tomorrow, keep driving the loaner till further notice.
That's fine by me, putting mileage on somebody else's car. Do miss my HUD though. Confirms what a good idea it was to spec it.
Not till you've used one then lost it do you realize just how much easier it is to be totally in touch with the important facts.

I'll keep you updated
Last edited by Terry60 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terry60

Post by Terry60 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:38 pm

bazzaqpc wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:16 am
Ah!
That explains everything.
You've mis-reported your VIN
You're a 778.. VIN, right in the green block.

I'd better get back to the dealer and tell them that that outlier is spurious.

bazzaqpc

Post by bazzaqpc » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:00 pm

Sorry Terry, I only put the last digits of the VIN, so sorry about all the confusion I caused, good job I took picture of the full VIN number and posted it.

Return to “Faults & Technical”