4G WiFi Hotspot

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
NightFox

4G WiFi Hotspot

Post by NightFox » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:18 am

I was wondering how the I-Pace hotspot behaves when you stop the car.

On my current Disco Sport it's annoying as as soon as you stop the engine, it kills the hotspot's 3G connection to the Internet, but it leaves the WiFi functionality of the hotspot running until the in-car entertainment system goes to sleep after about 10 minutes. This means my phone still sees the car's WiFi connection as live, so it stays connected to the hotspot, but the hotspot itself is no longer connected to anything so I have to manually switch my phone to use 3G/4G to access the Internet. If the car just shut down the hotspot and the 3G at the same time then this wouldn't be an issue as my phone would automatically revert to 4G as soon as the WiFi vanished.

Is this something JLR got their heads round on the I-Pace?

Jelle v/d Meer

Re: 4G WiFi Hotspot

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:31 pm

NightFox wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:18 am
I was wondering how the I-Pace hotspot behaves when you stop the car.

On my current Disco Sport it's annoying as as soon as you stop the engine, it kills the hotspot's 3G connection to the Internet, but it leaves the WiFi functionality of the hotspot running until the in-car entertainment system goes to sleep after about 10 minutes. This means my phone still sees the car's WiFi connection as live, so it stays connected to the hotspot, but the hotspot itself is no longer connected to anything so I have to manually switch my phone to use 3G/4G to access the Internet. If the car just shut down the hotspot and the 3G at the same time then this wouldn't be an issue as my phone would automatically revert to 4G as soon as the WiFi vanished.

Is this something JLR got their heads round on the I-Pace?
I would prefer the Wife Hotspot to be still available - now each time when charging I have to press the start button (without pressing the brake) to get it to work again. Why would the hotspot/4G need to be switched off - just leave it on till the car gets locked.
I-pace S + HUD, Drive Pack, Light Oyster Sport Seats, Elec Tailgate, DAB+ & heated windshield I Ceasium Blue & 18" wheels

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:32 pm

I would also like a wife hotspot please. :D
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.
IMC: S19A_19.24.2-375121 Telematics: 14.2
Last update: 26/08/19

Check out my I-Pace Channel on YouTube
Control your iPace with Siri voice commands

Pcheaven

Post by Pcheaven » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Goshdarnit wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:32 pm
I would also like a wife hotspot please. :D

Not for me

Too noisy and seems to have unlimited bandwidth.
QoS needs enabling.....
Currently a Phoenix orange disco sport ( using as my builders van !!! and luggage carrier when out in motorhome )
Gone : I pace 2019 First Edition. Photon Red
Gone : velar
Gone : Disco 5
Gone : 2 x disco sports

Awaiting a phev disco sport.

Return to “Faults & Technical”