Rear I Pace Cycle carrier preparation Kit

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Billy Bunter

Re: Rear I Pace Cycle carrier preparation Kit

Post by Billy Bunter » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 pm

baz99 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 pm
Ah thanks I see where it is now. I went into the dealers today and they confirmed that I would have to have the plug and wiring loom fitted, which involves removing the rear bumper and re-programming, before I could use the Cycle carrier. So the specification on the FE is either wrong or misleading when it says the Cycle Preparation kit is supplied as standard.......
i’m not sure it’s wrong...... it depends on which bits you get with the preparation kit and which bits you get with the carrier itself.

The prep kit might be considered to be the interfaces under the bumper that the loom is plugged in to, so that when the carrier is installed they only have to fit the loom and plug.

Without knowing the spec of the prep kit it’s very difficult to see if you’re missing something or not.

One reason I say this is that the quick carrier is not compatible with a towbar install. If they really delivered as standard all FE models with the full loom, quick connector etc, then I don’t see how they could offer a standard towbar as option on an FE (because they’d have to remove all the quick connector bits).

That’s why I suspect the prep kit is just the minimum interfaces, but I’m guessing and it would help to see the prep kit install instructions........
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, Adaptive Cruise & Steering etc, DAB+

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Google was my friend again...... T4K1472 gives some eBay photos

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Genuine-Jaguar ... 7024843905

this kit is just the wiring loom from the car interface plug to the connector, but includes the connector itself. It therefore does NOT seem to be part of a standard build unless you can find the external connector somewhere hiding under the rear vallance.
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, Adaptive Cruise & Steering etc, DAB+

baz99

Post by baz99 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:02 am

I’ve decided to give the cycle carrier a miss as it’s too much hassle for the number of times I’d use it.
FE Corris Grey, 22" forged", pano, oyster interior, HUD

Vaughnt

Post by Vaughnt » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:16 am

I’ve had the cycle carrier fitted and it does disturb the rear under valence look as it doesn’t look as flowing due to the electrical point

baz99

Post by baz99 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:00 pm

Thanks all for the information
FE Corris Grey, 22" forged", pano, oyster interior, HUD

pedro1664

Post by pedro1664 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Very misleading

Return to “Faults & Technical”