Rear I Pace Cycle carrier preparation Kit

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
baz99

Rear I Pace Cycle carrier preparation Kit

Post by baz99 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:45 pm

My FE I pace states that there is Rear Mounted Cycle Carrier Preparation Kit included as standard but I can't see a connector anywhere under the rear bumper panel. Does anyone know what this looks like and where it might be hidden, assuming the "Preparation kit" includes the socket/ wiring loom

cycle prep.pdf
(48.05 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

FE Corris Grey, 22" forged", pano, oyster interior, HUD

Billy Bunter

Re: Rear I Pace Cycle carrier preparation Kit

Post by Billy Bunter » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:00 pm

I think it uses the towing eye connection, behind I assume a small plastic cover.
If fitted, you cannot fit a real towbar, and vice versa.

I suspect that the “standard” delivery is just the hidden interface that is available on all cars - I don’t remember this being an option on either HSE, S or SE models either.
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, Adaptive Cruise & Steering etc, DAB+

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:02 pm

Google is your friend.........

https://gear.jaguar.com/ie/en/i-pace/ca ... rrier-rhd/

“Premium rear mounted cycle carrier provides a convenient bike carrying solution with quick release loading attachments and secure locking mechanism. Attaches to the vehicle using the two tow eye mountings. Electrical connector fitted below rear of vehicle to power lights - side lights, stop lights and indicators included. Clever design allows carrier to be tilted away from vehicle when fitted allowing access into the rear tailgate. Maximum load capacity 30kg (maximum weight per individual bike 20kg). Preparation kit T4K1472 required for fitment. Not compatible with detachable tow bar T4K8031”
SE, Firenze Red, Black Pack & Black 20” wheels, Air Suspention, HUD, Adaptive Cruise & Steering etc, DAB+

baz99

Post by baz99 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:09 pm

Thanks for that Billy, as you say Google finds most things...... It's just that the car specification says that the "preparation kit" has already been supplied as standard......

Billy Bunter

Post by Billy Bunter » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:15 pm

I suspect the preparation kit is all hidden stuff, mainly the electrical interface (since the towing eye screwthreads will obviously be there already).

The location of the electrical interface is clearly shown in the video I linked to, so you should have a look there if you want to find it......

good luck !

baz99

Post by baz99 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:51 am

I've just run the video but can't see the interface connector..... which side is it?

holderone

Post by holderone » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:56 am

I have the rear carrier on my FE and they had to connect a socket for the electrics. When it’s fitted you can see it clearly on the left side under the boot area. I am guessing the preparation might be the actual electrics?
Ipace 1st edition, Corris grey, 22 Inch Alloys

pedro1664

Post by pedro1664 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:42 am

So by preparation, they do not mean the plug itself, but just the wires behind, that the plug will be fitted to?

mjc

Post by mjc » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:47 pm

Its shown like this...

The whole thing looks great!

Untitled.png

I-Pace HSE delivered 14/12/2018 - Farallon Black, Air++, oyster interior, panoramic roof, 20" std wheels

baz99

Post by baz99 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Ah thanks I see where it is now. I went into the dealers today and they confirmed that I would have to have the plug and wiring loom fitted, which involves removing the rear bumper and re-programming, before I could use the Cycle carrier. So the specification on the FE is either wrong or misleading when it says the Cycle Preparation kit is supplied as standard.......

Return to “Faults & Technical”