It almost lasted a week

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
MjrPayne

Re: It almost lasted a week

Post by MjrPayne » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:44 am

Deicing wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:52 pm
The locking buttons in the door handles didn't work on mine on delivery and it turned out to be a dodgy connector inside one of the door panels. Perhaps yours has worked loose?
Yes, same fault. They told me that the connector is disconnected during the transport and the dealer reconnects it before delivery. And they've done bad work there. Cost me a day and 440km to get fixed. But they did some upgrade in same visit.

malakai

Re: It almost lasted a week

Post by malakai » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:48 pm

malakai wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:21 pm
MjrPayne wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:30 am
Just the quick side question. Why do the change the antenna?
The key fobs wouldn't work unless they were within about six feet of the car, and half the time they wouldn't be recognized from within the car. ("Key not recognized, place as shown under the steering wheel.") Dealer told me they were replacing some kind of antenna located in the door. Details when its back from the shop, if there are any to share.
Ok, got the car back and the service folks did four things to it. I'm paraphrasing here from the service log, and I don't know what all of the acronyms and codes stand for...

A) Key Fob issue, tech found a code with the left door low frequency antenna. Replaced it, but code did not reset. Performed plip test and found that blade antenna was not working. Dropped the headliner and replaced the antenna. Old antenna left in place because it was glued to the headliner.

B) BSOD Issue, needed to update I.M.C. to Incontrol Touch Pro 4.0. Old Software was #K8A2-19C204 new is #J903-19C204. (on my display, old was S18C_18.37.1-222737 new is S19A_19.07.2-312706)

C) H193 Gateway Module Update Performed H193B.

D) Driver door window switch inoperable, replaced drivers door window switch.

My keys seem to work now, which is superb. It's not been back long enough to say anything about the BSOD. I don't know what H193 is, and I didn't realize I had a problem with a door switch in the first place. ;)

Return to “Faults & Technical”