It almost lasted a week

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
bazzaqpc

It almost lasted a week

Post by bazzaqpc » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:02 pm

We'll that's the end of a nice day out, just got back to my six day old I Pace FE, to a message of error - battery fault, pressed the magic buttons they will be here at 14:00.just waiting for a taxi for my wife and the £120.00 worth of frozen food. That will teach me to go and look at the E Tron last night, Audi must have sent it a bug.
I Pace HSE Indus Silver MY20, 20" Wheels,Red Leather,AdSR, Active Air, Adaptive Dynamics, HUD,Cabin Air Ionisation & other bits and bobs, based in the Midlands B77, UK.

anorak

Re: It almost lasted a week

Post by anorak » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:46 pm

Oh no! Hope you get it sorted quickly.

I had something similar on day 2 which was rectified by an engineer's battery reset and hasn't reoccurred since so fingers crossed it's the same for you.

It took the shine off the honeymoon period but it came back after a week or so!
I Pace EV400 S, Caesium blue, Oyster leather, 18" wheels, MY19, delivered 01/2019
IMC: S18D_18.47.5-269316 || Telematics: 14.2

Garryjw

Post by Garryjw » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Really sorry to hear this hope they get it sorted
My company car is a MY19 Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.
Watch my i-Pace adventures on the iPaceOwner YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYIwYg ... 0xkLJjLmNg

bazzaqpc

Post by bazzaqpc » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:38 pm

Its back with the dealer now, it was caused by a communication failure to the main HV contactor, my local dealer can’t work on the HV side of the car, so it is going to a garage in Wolverhampton for another garage to investigate the cause. The guy from JLR field service was very good, he plugged his code reader into the ODBii port and found the issue within 10 minutes. I am getting a loan I Pace tomorrow organised by Jaguar.
I Pace HSE Indus Silver MY20, 20" Wheels,Red Leather,AdSR, Active Air, Adaptive Dynamics, HUD,Cabin Air Ionisation & other bits and bobs, based in the Midlands B77, UK.

MikeSL1

Post by MikeSL1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:50 am

My car was due to be collected on March 1st but got a call 2 days before to say there was a problem and from speaking to the dealer technician it is to do with the HV contactor. The dealer has been very good and have now offered me a replacement car for 21st March at the same price with a couple of extra's included. Interestingly Jaguar are now saying they will fix the car this morning as they now know what the fault is and I guess that may be in part to the experience of the other owners on this Forum subject.
So I have a decision to make, is it the original car Indus Silver or the replacement Corus Grey. I did a Jaguar build on line and it now appears that heated front screen, washers and steering wheel are now standard on SE, but the price has increased by £500, can anybody confirm that

bazzaqpc

Post by bazzaqpc » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:16 am

O the disappointment you must hove experienced; at least I had mine for 6 fantastic days and drove a fantastic 429 miles. whatever decision you make you will love it.
It would be nice to know if the Corus Grey is a 2020 MY car (the 10th character of the VIN being a L and not a K).
if it is a L and your original one was a K, I would have the new one that has been been offered.

MikeSL1

Post by MikeSL1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:20 pm

The 10th letter on both is a "K". What is the difference between "K" & "L"
The thing is that Jag head office could not fix the fault by software today so I think they are going to look at hardware and I am going for the Corris as it has the Cold Pack and Heated seats included at no extra cost and I still retain the 4.5k discount and the bike rack that I ordered was £615 with a discount and now the option quotes it at £973 with a discount

MikeSL1

Post by MikeSL1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:38 pm

Hi just worked out "K" is 2019 and "L" is 2020. I would not expect the car to be 2020 until around July or August for the September No plate

scm

Post by scm » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:09 pm

MY2020 cars are being built about now, sometime in March seems to be when Jaguar changes MY.

ChrisMc

Post by ChrisMc » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:40 am

Mine will be a MY20 car, ordered early December, being built end of this month, or so I am told.
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc

Return to “Faults & Technical”