Blue P symbol on dash.

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Hfdid

Blue P symbol on dash.

Post by Hfdid » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:47 am

Been driving mine for only a few days. Today I see a blue P on the RH side of dash.
I assume it’s something to do with parking but don’t know why its suddenly
Appeared.
SE Corris Grey, black wheels,black pack and oyster upholstery.

Goshdarnit

Re: Blue P symbol on dash.

Post by Goshdarnit » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:51 pm

From the iGUIDE:-

7E936944-E973-4FF1-8048-48563FE11C40.png

I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.

Hfdid

Post by Hfdid » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Thanks for your reply. That explains it but I since I haven’t been at the parking controls im curious why it just started appearing today.
See we share the same colour. Was worried about the Corris grey until I got it. Everyone,including me, thinks it’s just outstanding.
SE Corris Grey, black wheels,black pack and oyster upholstery.

baz99

Post by baz99 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:13 am

Yes I have seen the same and wondered what it was as its not in the blue "warning lamps" section of the manual. I too have not been using Park assist........ must be a software bug
FE Corris Grey, 22" forged", pano, oyster interior, HUD

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:17 pm

No it’s not a bug. It comes on when the car is below 18mph (I think) and even though the park system hasn’t been selected, it starts looking so that if you switch it on just after you’ve passed a space it can tell you. The small blue P on the main instrument cluster shows arrows on the left and/or right to show that spaces have been detected.
I-Pace First Edition, Corris Grey, Oyster interior, 22” diamond cut alloys with carbon inserts.

Grifmike

Post by Grifmike » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:24 pm

I have tried the parking feature... I personally find that the car steers too far on the passenger side. I am in Ireland so the car is RHD same as UK... I find that when the system picks up a parking spot and I comply with the on screen prompts - the car will steer too far to the passenger side. I have had to cancel the self park every time for fear that it will hit into a parked car on the passenger side.

Would be great if it worked better - or possibly I lack the courage to fully execute it... but it does appear to be on a collision course....

Anyone else come across this?

McRat

Post by McRat » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:37 pm

Huh... I thought it located urinals. There are going to be some angry people in shopping centers.
2019 I-Pace FE
2019 & 2017 Chevrolet Volts
24.2 kW self-installed 480v 3-ph solar array

misc other cars and bikes

Goshdarnit

Post by Goshdarnit » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:04 pm

Grifmike wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:24 pm
I have tried the parking feature... I personally find that the car steers too far on the passenger side. I am in Ireland so the car is RHD same as UK... I find that when the system picks up a parking spot and I comply with the on screen prompts - the car will steer too far to the passenger side. I have had to cancel the self park every time for fear that it will hit into a parked car on the passenger side.

Would be great if it worked better - or possibly I lack the courage to fully execute it... but it does appear to be on a collision course....

Anyone else come across this?
I find it quite scary to use as it goes right to the point of almost touching paint before telling you to brake and change gear! It takes it right to the limit which has me holding my breath every time.

samsoir

Post by samsoir » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:28 pm

I just don't use it. It is an awful feature in the I-Pace. It also is an awful feature in every other car, including the Tesla's I have tried it in. People should just learn to parallel park. It was in my UK driving test, but noticeably absent from the driving test in Illinois.
I-Pace 2019 First Edition - Corris Grey

sciencegeek

Post by sciencegeek » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:27 am

You can turn it off in the center display / instrument panel menu. I forget the exact sequence of clicks, look for a post by me in the US forum. HTH

Return to “Faults & Technical”