DC charging errors

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
lvrmsc

DC charging errors

Post by lvrmsc » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:13 pm

My I-Pace does not seem affected, but my associate has had a hell of an experience yesterday afternoon on a short trip (<250 km) toward Luxembourg and return (today). He could not recharge half-way as he had scheduled. He could complete the trip and slow charge overnight. On return today he stopped at 3 different chargers and could not charge with the same error code on each of them. The last one he tried is one nearby where I did a 50% charge without any problem no later than yesterday mid-day.
So odds are that it is the car which has a problem.
Here is the error code the charger displayed (apparently they all were chargers from the same provider, same kind of hardware : Effacec from the Allego network).
Does this code (DTC: 20001) mean any similar experience to one of you ?
He will obviously get to the dealer by Monday (if only to check with their own DC charger), but any shared experience from another I-Pace driver might prove useful.
Sorry for picture in the wrong orientation, it looks like this forum is mad with pictures and is mostly unpredictable about them.

IMG_3532.jpg

HSE Corris Grey / Light Oyster (on road 2018.11.29) — IMC 19A / TCU 14.2
20" split-spoke 5070, performance seats, body-coloured roof, air suspension & AdSR, ...

MartijnEV

Re: DC charging errors

Post by MartijnEV » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:37 pm

This charger is defective. See the red sattellite icon bootom right of the display: no backoffice connection.
It needs new parts and will be repaired soon :)

So no worries about the i-Pace. It’s the charger.

There is another fast charger at the opposite side of this motorway.
The Netherlands
i-Pace S, Fuji White, panorama roof, 18” wheels, heated seats, interior ioniser, front fog lights
Build date: 7 Nov 2018 | Delivery: 3 Dec 2018 |Telematics: 15.2 | InControl: S18D | Maps: 8.30.95.153

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:57 am

These are the Allego chargers - I had different problems with them in Belgium.
From the 5 I tried, 2 had communication problems, 1 didn't do anything, 1 gave a CCS error and 1 worked luckily although this charger was not indicated to be an Allego charger the hardware/software shown seemed identical and had "Allego" written on it but the provider was different.
I-pace S + HUD, Drive Pack, Light Oyster Sport Seats, Elec Tailgate, DAB+ & heated windshield I Ceasium Blue & 18" wheels

sdep7850

Post by sdep7850 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:28 am

Good morning , I have also CCS charging problems with an I-pace in Belgium at the allego chargers. I tried 5 allegro fast chargers ( Aalst, nivelles, ruisbroek 2 sites of highway,hellebecq ) On some I can connect one time, When I retry I get Probleme Vehicule DTC 25008. On others I can't get it to work. AC charging always works. I phoned the allego helpdesk but I am still awaiting feedback on the error. I also tried lock car, wait 60s , rery load but that doesn't mke any difference. My car incontrol is version S18D_18.47.5-269316.
I-pace HSE, Farallon Black 22inch Performance Seats Delivered 16/3/2019

Jelle v/d Meer

Post by Jelle v/d Meer » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:41 am

sdep7850 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:28 am
Good morning , I have also CCS charging problems with an I-pace in Belgium at the allego chargers. I tried 5 allegro fast chargers ( Aalst, nivelles, ruisbroek 2 sites of highway,hellebecq ) On some I can connect one time, When I retry I get Probleme Vehicule DTC 25008. On others I can't get it to work. AC charging always works. I phoned the allego helpdesk but I am still awaiting feedback on the error. I also tried lock car, wait 60s , rery load but that doesn't mke any difference. My car incontrol is version S18D_18.47.5-269316.
Odd to see Ruisbroek in your list - the northbound side charger was my rescue back in December after Nivelles and other charges failed. I arrived with 10km range left and already considered myself doomed to AC charging. 2 weeks later I used this exact same charger to charge again - this time I had to try 3 times before it started but then it worked.

In general expect that sometimes chargers do not work 1st or 2nd time even if on previous occasions it immediately worked, always try minimal 3x times. Yes very frustrating but still better than driving off while it might have worked had you tried a 3rd time.
I-pace S + HUD, Drive Pack, Light Oyster Sport Seats, Elec Tailgate, DAB+ & heated windshield I Ceasium Blue & 18" wheels

sdep7850

Post by sdep7850 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:11 pm

Could it be the software version of the I-pace has a different behaviour ? The initial poster of this message was like implying that in their company they have 2 I-pace 's. One working without any problem at the allego chargers and one having difficiulties ?

I would like to try with the new charging software version (released in march 2019 ) but on my I-pace the OTA is disabled.

Koala

Post by Koala » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:51 pm

I had the same error code DTC: 20001 displayed with an Allego DC charger yesterday (April 2nd) in Germany, Ingostadt Village. But I also got different error codes from the same station, which I do not remember. I finally gave up with this charger after 5 attemps to start charging.
I-Pace S, Firenze Red, Light Oyster Interieur, ordered May 2018, delivered March 14th, 2019.

sdep7850

Post by sdep7850 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:20 pm

I tested some other fastchargers in Belgium wit my I-pace software version 18D .

Gent Kortrijksesteenweg 1034 (Luminus) 20KW Pole gives error 95
Drongen (highway e40 direction Oostende->Gent (probleem voertuig ) one again an efacec fastcharger
Ostend (Luminus) Cable to short to connect I-pace
Jabbeke ( E40 direction Gent) --> Allego Worked
Thieu (e19 ->mons ) ->Ionity Worked
Thieu (e19-> mons ) -> Luminus 20 KW Worked

Are there any I-pace drivers in Belgium where the fastchargers are always working. Can an car software upgrade to 19A solve the problem or is this fastcharger related ?

Problem is that in Belgium every fastcharger is almost always EFACEC hardware and this gives problems with my I-pace.
Last edited by sdep7850 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

AVIA

Post by AVIA » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:45 pm

sdep7850 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:20 pm
I tested some other fastchargers in Belgium wit my I-pace software version 18D .

Gent Kortrijksesteenweg 1034 (Luminus) 20KW Pole gives error 95
Drongen (highway e40 direction Oostende->Gent (probleem voertuig ) one again an efacec fastcharger
Ostend (Luminus) Cable to short to connect I-pace
Jabbeke ( E40 direction Gent) --> Allegro Worked
Thieu (e19 ->mons ) ->Ionity Worked

Are there any I-pace drivers in Belgium where the fastchargers are always working. Can an car software upgrade to 19A solve the problem or is this fastcharger related ?

Problem is that in Belgium every fastscharger is almost always EFACEC hardware and this gives problems with my I-pace.
I also had several errors when trying to use the DC chargers of Allego (E17 Kalken both ways, E19 Rumst director Brussels) but also Luminus (E313 Ranst both ways). I have taken the car to the dealer who have upgraded the software which would allow the I-pace to take 100kwh chargers. The dealer have tested DC charging on multiple chargers which (according to them) should work now. I have just had the I-pace back, so I have not been able to test DC charging with the upgraded software but I will do so in the coming days. I will provide an update once I have tried DC charging again.
I-Pace SE Santorini Black - MY19 - pano roof - privacy glass - heated Seats - 4 zone Airco - ordered Sep 26, 2018 - built Feb 8, 2019 - delivered Mar 19, 2019

AVIA

Post by AVIA » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:30 am

I have tried to charge at the Allego fast charger this morning on E19 Rumst direction Antwerp - still the same error (voertuigfout). Very frustrating. I do not know if this error is due to Allego or to the software in the car. It seems that I cannot fast charge at Allego stations.
I-Pace SE Santorini Black - MY19 - pano roof - privacy glass - heated Seats - 4 zone Airco - ordered Sep 26, 2018 - built Feb 8, 2019 - delivered Mar 19, 2019

Return to “Faults & Technical”