Navigation system crash

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Vorix

Navigation system crash

Post by Vorix » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:40 pm

I tried using the range function in the navigation system on the way home this evening. Had a spinning wheel for a few minutes and then the whole infotainment system crashed - both screens when black. Took a couple of minutes to come back up. Fortunately Jaguar have obviously built in some separation of duties in the hardware and software as the car kept moving and the main dash screen still worked. I tried it again and this time only the Nav crashed but the radio kept working. Also the traffic option doesn't seem to work. The SIM info says only 7MB has been used since I got the car.
Is this a common problem? Have others experienced it?

odogan

Re: Navigation system crash

Post by odogan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:47 pm

What do you mean by range system in the navigation? Is that an option you need to enable?
The Netherlands
I-Pace SE, Corris Grey, Panoramic roof, 20” wheels, Adaptive Dynamics with Air Suspension, Black Ext. Pack, HUD

Vorix

Post by Vorix » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:31 pm

It's the 'Range Indicator' option that shows you a map centered around your current position and, I assume, then shows how far you can get to with your current charge. I never got to see this last bit because it crashes!

Snoerd

Post by Snoerd » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:14 pm

Vorix wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:31 pm
It's the 'Range Indicator' option that shows you a map centered around your current position and, I assume, then shows how far you can get to with your current charge. I never got to see this last bit because it crashes!
I tried it a few times. Gives you at least an indication where you could go with the current State of Charge. Indeed draws (roughly) a circle in all directions and lightens the parts that you could reach without charging. I doubt if it is very useful, because normally you know the destination and the number of kilometers should tell you if you could make it or not. Not sure if it takes elevation into account, because then it could be useful. However, I live in the Netherlands, so no elevation around :lol:
--
Jaguar I-Pace S, Order date July 16, 2018
Fuji White, Tow Bar, expected build date Nov 9, expected date at dealer Nov 23, expected delivery Nov 28. Arrived at dealer Dec 17 for delivery Dec 21! :D

Vorix

Post by Vorix » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:33 pm

Well, it definitely doesn't work in my car. It just thinks about it for a couple of minutes and then the nav system crashes. It comes back to life about 10-15 seconds later. I've tried it with the car stationary and in motion. Wonder if it is a known issue?

ELray

Post by ELray » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:39 am

Do you still have this issue?
Have you contacted your dealership yet?

Edit: typo
Norway 🇳🇴
I-Pace S Edition (Fuji White/Fog Lights /Panoramic Roof/4 Zone CC /Ionization/Heatet Rear Seats/Ambient Int./Driver Assist Pack/HUD/Cold Climate Pack/Pwr.Tailgate/Homelink)
<> Ordered: Aug.29th - Production: Feb.1th - Delivery: March 15th

Return to “Faults & Technical”