Theft Warning EV320

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
legacyweaver

Theft Warning EV320

Post by legacyweaver » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:22 pm

Since I got the EV320 on the 2nd of December I've had problems with the theft warning engaging randomly, resulting in either Jaguar sending an sms or calling me to verify that the car is in fact not stolen. This happens just about daily. I usually park the car in a garage (where I have a good cellphone signal) or outside. It doesn't seem to really matter where I park the car, the theft warning is engaged and this locks all the functions in the Jaguar Remote app, making it useless. I could be driving the car in the middle of a city and Jaguar sends an sms saying that the car may be stolen. Anyway, I'm booked on the 4th of January at my dealer to try and fix this issue (been there earlier this month already, I believe they updated the TCM but this did not fix it).

Has anyone had any similar problems with the EV400 or recently on the EV320?

MyCat

Re: Theft Warning EV320

Post by MyCat » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:05 am

Hi legacyweaver, just checking what the outcome was at the dealer and has it been resolved? I now seem to have a similar issue over the past 36 hours - 2 theft notifications/calls and locked out of the app!
MY21. SE Fuji white, Black pack, 5068 black alloys, panoramic roof.

Mattholluk

Post by Mattholluk » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:46 pm

I'm also having this exact problem. Car is booked in to have it checked in a couple of weeks time at the dealers. I get a call from the Jaguar every other day and am now on first name terms with some of the operators.

I don't think these things are linked however it started on the day after I received the 20C update OTA and has been consistent ever since. Never happened before.
I-Pace SE 2019 Corris Grey, Pano, 20' BLACK, Winter Pack, Adap cruise.

MyCat

Post by MyCat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:22 pm

I had the update to 2.0.6 P8C1 on 8th January and my problem started on a regular basis from 12th January. I have been locked out of any of the usual In Control app functions for the past 72 hours, with the Theft Alert screen showing and to contact the tracking centre. The tracking centre operatives have tried to 'stand down' the alert but the app never registers any change. As per one of the operators, a manual request was made by the tracking centre to the app developer (at JLR I assume) to stand down the alert but no change in the status as yet. This may be because they still get constant potential theft notifications from the car!

The car is booked in at the dealership also in a few weeks time (Covid!!). Just another example of poor software?
MY21. SE Fuji white, Black pack, 5068 black alloys, panoramic roof.