Matrix headlights again

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Darrinf

Re: Matrix headlights again

Post by Darrinf » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:44 am

Jaganon wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:50 pm
Just returned from a dark drive with no street lamps and the matrix lights are no longer working. Auto High is fine but in Adaptive Beam, no indication they’re on in the binnacle and no response to dark/light changes.
I’ve not driven in the proper dark due to various lockdowns and the car being fixed more than with me of late, so no idea what triggered this.

I’ll book the car into its preferred home next week.
Likely a long wait but will keep you posted

Another one then. Do you know if any software updates have been done recently and if so what they may have been. Mine stopped working after updates had been done so am trying to narrow down what others may have had done then perhaps it can be narrowed down as to which update may be the cause.
Sept 2018 first edition

Jaganon

Post by Jaganon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:15 pm

There’s been numerous updates and fixes to the car, so can’t help eliminate any for us.
The 2 SOTA updates have been applied a week ago but didn’t drive without street lights prior to that.
This one’s also a mid 2018 FE.

I think you said yours is in the dealer tomorrow- hope it’s a quick fix for you.
I Pace FE MY19 delivered 30.10.18: Santorini Black, Oyster, 22” Carbon

Darrinf

Post by Darrinf » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:28 am

I hot my days wrong and the car is in the dealers tomorrow not today.

Jaguar assist has had 4 goes at trying to sort the problem and has tried everything that he has been advised to. Unfortunately I dont think the dealers will have much joy as they only get information from the same source as jaguar assist si we will have to see.

Will post their findings tomorrow.
Sept 2018 first edition

Paul J.

Post by Paul J. » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:14 pm

Mine’s been in all day today. When I dropped it off the service manager said it’ll be ready at 4pm. I asked him how he could test the lights before then? :lol:

Needless to say, they still have it :|

It did go out for a 15min test drive at 4.25. :roll:
Corris Grey First Edition

Darrinf

Post by Darrinf » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:39 pm

They can test it just by covering the light sensor on the windscreen to make the lights come on. If the adaptive is set and working you will get the indicator on the instrument display. Mine no longer comes on but it does with auto high beam.

Must say am not too hopeful of getting mine back tomorrow working.
Sept 2018 first edition

Paul J.

Post by Paul J. » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:40 pm

I’ve just collected my car.......

And the adaptive lights are still not working. :evil:

I feared the worst when the service manager insisted that they appeared to be working when they took it for a test drive yesterday, but admitted that it wasn’t very dark at that time (those who have these lights will also know that they don’t come on when streetlights are detected). :roll:

Oh well, at least I had the rear door seals fitted to hopefully stop the dust coming in .... :|

Darrinf

Post by Darrinf » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:21 pm

Well I am absolutely fuming with the dealer. Collected the car to be told that adaptive Driving Beam was not checked on the exterior lighting bit on the instrument so they have done it and now it is working fine as no fault codes were stored.

I am fuming because they have wasted a day of my time because I wrote down everything that had happened prior to and after the initial fault and also given them printed copies of the Jaguar Assist visits and the last one clearly states that a Technical Query needs to be raised with Jaguar.

Three people I spoke to have taken absolutely no notice of what an obviously stupid customer has written down as the same stupid customer knows nothing as it was their fault it was not enabled. Even though I did write down it was not enabled as it did not work.

Anyway as I was not best pleased the so called Master Technician came out and when I showed him that the auto symbol on the bottom right of the instrument cluster was not on when adaptive driving beam was selected but was on when auto high beam was he conceded that there must be a fault. To confirm it definitely does not work as have just driven 80 miles in the dark,

Am even more fuming because the earliest they can now look at the car is the 8th of January. No apology for a totally wasted day today and no apology for not doing what the Jaguar Assist man said needed to be done.

After 40 years of fixing cars myself I just cant believe they take no notice of what they are being told and to tell me they now work OK as they have been tested is just a lie as the illuminated indicator was not on and they could not have taken it for a test drive as it was not dark.

The last straw was they washed the car when there was a specific request not to so yet another person taking no notice.

What do dealers take us for. I do feel the urge to write to them but to be honest it won't be looked at. The only way you will get their attention is to say you will mention their lack of service on social media, but even then nothing will be done. It is just you are treated like an idiot because you obviously don't know how to switch them on when in fact it is them who are at fault for saying a car has been tested and found to be working and in fact it does not.

Let's see what happens in January but I seriously doubt it will get any further.

So watch this space. Also sorry for the rant but it really does infuriate me when they can't admit their is a fault and then say something is fixed when in fact they have done nothing.

On a plus note the jaguar Assist man did call me later today to see how the dealer had got on as he obviously wants to know what the fault is so he is on the ball. He did say there is possibly one ore thing to try and he will hopefully be around this coming Friday so will let you know if that works. At least he is helpful and wants to see this problem through to it being solved. Just a shame that only dealers can raise technical queries.
Sept 2018 first edition

Paul J.

Post by Paul J. » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:25 pm

Yes, I was left in no doubt that the service manager didn’t listen to a word I said. I’m looking forward to my ‘discussion’ with him tomorrow.

Jaganon

Post by Jaganon » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:50 am

It is a frustrating experience owning this great car. You’re not alone but I’m sure there are clued up dealers out there. The back office and front stage processes are broken at my service centre when it comes to I-pace issues. Pity it has to have all this software stuff, if the computer says no that’s the answer.

I’m booked in for the 7th, and will convey again the Matrix problem beforehand, along with the wind deflector that needs ordering and ask again for no wash. No notice will be taken, it’s become a normal course of events.

Good luck with yours.
I Pace FE MY19 delivered 30.10.18: Santorini Black, Oyster, 22” Carbon

endoman

Post by endoman » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:21 am

As someone who details his own car, and has PPF and ceramic over it I leave multiple pieces of A4 paper with don't wash all around the interior! It's only been in once, and they didn't wash so all good.

New car coming in a bit, and that shall have a " please don't wash or wax or anything" instruction, as I will be prepping it myself.
Santorini Black SE, MY18, Ebony / Mars Red performance seats, Pano, Air and Adaptive. Black trim, 20 Inch 5070 wheels, H264/280, S20C_20.43.1-618886 19.2.
Ohme home charger, https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126