Matrix headlights again

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Darrinf

Matrix headlights again

Post by Darrinf » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:09 pm

Have been reading through the 25 page post on this but my car does not fall within the vin range plus they have been working fine until last week.

The story is that last week I had numerous error messages come up on the instrument display while driving the car down the motorway. Anyway stopped the car and switched it off and went in the service station then came back and when I started it up all went away apart from traction control battery and brake pedal feel reduced. So when I got back home called out Jaguar assist and he sorted it all out. While here though he also update many ecu's and it took him a good couple of hours till he was done.

Just for info the ecu's he did were , ABS, BCCM, BCM, EPICB, EPICC, EPICD, GWM.

No everything seemed to work fine until I next came to drive at night a couple of days later when I discovered that the Adaptive Driving Beam did not work. I checked he settings in the instrument cluster and it was set correctly. Amended it to Auto high Beam and that worked fine then back to Adaptive Driving Beam and nothing but fixed dipped lights.

So called them up and the same person came out and he did a bit more. Checked again that night but still the same. He came out again today and said he has been advised to reset the cameras which he did but once again still the same.

So it would seem that one of the software updates has caused a bit of a problem but which one though. I find it strange that Auto High Beam works fine but not Adaptive.

The very helpful Jaguar Assist man has contacted JLR for help but he can only do so much so it seems that I now need a trip to the dealers to go over all of this again to probably be told that it is my fault as I obviously can't set them correctly but as the auto high beam works they are set correctly and it is then only a case of selecting the setting on the instrument cluster.

So has this happened to anyone else as apparently according the the Jaguar Assist man when he called up to try to find a solution he was told this has never happened before which is the standard answer

Any help would be appreciated as I can pass this on to the Assist man who has been more than helpful and hopefully may stop a visit to the dealers.

All the best.
Sept 2018 first edition

Jaganon

Re: Matrix headlights again

Post by Jaganon » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:24 am

That’s annoying and hopefully you’ll be understood at the dealers.
I’ve not experienced anything like this before but haven’t driven in the dark since Lock Down 2 and the latest SOTA update.
I’ll try this weekend and come back if there’s any issues with the matrix lights.
I Pace FE MY19 delivered 30.10.18: Santorini Black, Oyster, 22” Carbon

Darrinf

Post by Darrinf » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:00 pm

Yes very annoying indeed.

I will ask to speak to whoever looks at the car at the dealers as I can run through what Jaguar assist did but I doubt then will call. What is most worrying is there are no faults shown so doubt they will know where to start.

By chance the Jaguar Assist man has just literally called and is popping round to try something else. To be fair I can't give this person enough praise in what he has done. Just a shame you don't get the same effort from dealers.
Sept 2018 first edition

Paul J.

Post by Paul J. » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:49 am

… everything seemed to work fine until I next came to drive at night a couple of days later when I discovered that the Adaptive Driving Beam did not work. I checked he settings in the instrument cluster and it was set correctly. Amended it to Auto high Beam and that worked fine then back to Adaptive Driving Beam and nothing but fixed dipped lights.
I'm keeping an eye on this topic. My car (October '18 First Edition) went in for some software updates last week (I don't have detailed of which modules), and I've seen the exact same thing. I'd welcome any updates. ;)
Corris Grey First Edition

Darrinf

Post by Darrinf » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:01 pm

So I'm not the only one then.

Mine is also a late 2018 first edition.

It would be ideal if you could find out what modules were updated and then could compare it to mine to see if any were the same as I am convinced it is a software issue.
Sept 2018 first edition

jwkay

Post by jwkay » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:19 pm

There was a post on the Facebook forum by Jack Tams the other day, which may be of use:

"If updating BCM to MY20 versions the CCF must be upgraded at the same time, otherwise the BCM fails to read the correct configuration information and disables Adaptive Headlights. In this scenario if requires dealer to update the CCF to a compatible version with the BCM."

CCF is the Car Configuration File.
🇳🇴 Norway
I-Pace S (20MY)
18" 5055 | Panorama | Matrix LED | Drive Pack | Cold Climate Pack | 360 Camera

Darrinf

Post by Darrinf » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:06 pm

I'm sure that the jaguar assist man updated some ccf file on his second visit. I have sent him this so he can have a look.

Many thanks
Sept 2018 first edition

Paul J.

Post by Paul J. » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:20 pm

I can’t really help add any clarity regarding which updates were done on mine, but it is booked in for Monday, and I will be sure to convey the information in this thread. If I learn anything beyond what has been posted, I’ll update accordingly. ;)
Corris Grey First Edition

Darrinf

Post by Darrinf » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:53 am

Mine is also in om monday and I am told that they will need to raise a ticket with jaguar technical who can then start to look in to it.

The jaguar assist man has done all of the things that were suggested in a previous post but still no joy. Shame he cant raise the necessary ticket with jaguar but apparently only dealers can do that.

The thing that concerns me most with taking it to a dealer is it shows no fault then they will probably say they cant test it as it wont be dark but all they need to do it to make the lights come on by covering the light sensor then they can see the auto symbol is not on the dash.

Fingers crossed one of the dealers we are going to can get to the bottom of it.
Sept 2018 first edition

Jaganon

Post by Jaganon » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Just returned from a dark drive with no street lamps and the matrix lights are no longer working. Auto High is fine but in Adaptive Beam, no indication they’re on in the binnacle and no response to dark/light changes.
I’ve not driven in the proper dark due to various lockdowns and the car being fixed more than with me of late, so no idea what triggered this.

I’ll book the car into its preferred home next week.
Likely a long wait but will keep you posted
I Pace FE MY19 delivered 30.10.18: Santorini Black, Oyster, 22” Carbon