Chargermaster

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Coggeshallman

Chargermaster

Post by Coggeshallman » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Does anybody have a Chargmaster wall box and use the App? My App is just rubbish, it say the EV is plugged in when it is not and then it says "your charger does not seem to be connected" when it is. Whenever I charge the duration continues to accumulate after the car is disconnected, I have one charge listed as 288 hours!!! The only way to stop this is to switch the unit off for 10 mins and then switch it back on again. Chargemaster have come out and fitted a replacement wall box but it is exactly the same, they sent me an email two days ago saying that their engineers had fixed all the bugs with the app! Rubbish!
Corris Grey, Oyster Interior, Panoramic Roof, Front Fogs, Ambient Lighting.

Buzzer

Re: Chargermaster

Post by Buzzer » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:32 pm

Will check my app but it would not report consistently the amount of charge. In my case it would often show a lower amount of charge generated that was actually loaded to the car. I reported it several time but it wasn't sorted.
i-Pace SE Black, Ivory interior, 360 camera, 20" wheels
other.... cars Lotus, Westfield, Classic Range Rover.

DRKent

Post by DRKent » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:53 pm

Hi. Yes I had a BP Chargemaster fitted a couple of months ago - just after they insisted that it had to be upgraded to a smart charger costing an extra £50- £60 - or you would not be eligible for the £500 grant.

The charger itself works fine and seems to deliver the rated 7kws into my MY20 I-pace. However as you have said the “smart charger” app is almost hopeless. I can report exactly the same issues, it says the ev is connected all the time - including when it isn’t. It says the charger is not connected when it does deliver some data. It keeps on counting the charge time even when switched off. It sort of does give a record of charges and cost - but I am glad it does not administer the billing as the data is a bit flakey.

Most of all though is that just about every time you want to access the app you need to retype the email address and password.

So all in all not sure what I paid the extra money to have it smart enabled.
I-PACE MY20 HSE Corris Grey

Coggeshallman

Post by Coggeshallman » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:14 pm

Yes that is exactly the same as I have, after about 3 more emails to chargmaster they have asked me to send screen shots of the problem. They tell me they have passed it on to their technical team! I am currently on holiday, my car is at the airport but the app insists that it is plugged in at home and has been charging for 175 hours and counting!

DRKent

Post by DRKent » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:14 pm

I did post a comment and low rating on the App Store for the app but on reading your post I will complain directly to BP Chargemaster. Will post any reply I get.
I-PACE MY20 HSE Corris Grey

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:25 pm

Coggeshallman wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:14 pm
Yes that is exactly the same as I have, after about 3 more emails to chargmaster they have asked me to send screen shots of the problem. They tell me they have passed it on to their technical team! I am currently on holiday, my car is at the airport but the app insists that it is plugged in at home and has been charging for 175 hours and counting!
and we complain about the I-Pace software!
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19B_* Maps : whatever is current.

Coggeshallman

Post by Coggeshallman » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:32 pm

After persistent emails to chargemaster I had a phone call from them yesterday afternoon to tell me that they were aware of the problem (they said it is only in some areas! ) and they are working on a fix but it will take between 4 and 5 months before it is done!

WaterWalker60

Post by WaterWalker60 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:38 pm

I emailed Chargemaster to ask for 4 fast charge points to be installed on my industrial estate, no answer as yet. Waiting to order a car but will not until I get order for chargers to be installed.
if they are not quick I will make my own and become a competitor, its only a battery charger after all. !!
Within 6 months you could be on a fast charger every 10 mile or so,

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:26 am

SammyD wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:25 pm

and we complain about the I-Pace software!
Do we ? He says with a smile.

Spiderand

Post by Spiderand » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:02 am

I've had a charge master wall charger installed for two weeks now and it was a bit random as to what it reported on the app and website (not always the same as each other), at one point on the website it claimed I had an ongoing charge that had so far spanned 50 years at a cost of 0p ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I sent an email 4 days ago to CS but they didn't reply, however for the last two days everything has been spot on and reporting when the car is and isn't plugged in correctly and correct charge data on both app and website.

I wish the app remembered my login details, or used my phone's face recognition, PITA to type all the deets in every time.
Narvik Black SE - standard spec - 2020 model

Return to “Faults & Technical”