Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

First long(ish) trip away from home

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  GSIpace 
#1 ·
I've had my I-Pace almost 3 months and we have recently returned from 10 days in Norfolk and Essex, our first trip that required charging away from home.
The initial run to Norfolk was about 210 miles and I had a successful (and free) Ecotricity charge at Birchanger Green services, the first on my list of possible stops. Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

After a week in Norfolk we had 3 nights south of Colchester and diverted slightly on the way to visit the much recommended Gridserve Electric Forecourt at Braintree. That's how services should be! Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Preparing for the return trip we popped into the Bannatyne Spa at Kingsford Park close to Colchester. The Instavolt chargers were both working and I charged without problem. Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

On the run home we stopped at the M25 Cobham Services for a coffee and a 'safety' charge. What a dump, horrible place , dirty and the only place we felt unsafe as the Covid precautions were lax. The first Ecotricity 50kW charger I tried was dead so I tried a 7kW Type 2 that started charging but cut off after adding just 6 miles.
We made it home without bothering to stop again and I rewarded the lovely I-Pace with a good clean. What a car, superb and relaxing on longer runs, I love it. Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Steve.covers
#2 ·
Great pics! I'll be giving my new car a bit of a test when we drive from Bath to the Lake District for four nights in June. It's not quite the narrow tracks of Cornwall, but it'll be interesting to see how I get on with a car this big (compared to my previous cars). Just hope my gorgeous 22s survive intact! We've already found a place for an evening meal that has a charger in its car park.

#3 ·
Weezer said:
Great pics! I'll be giving my new car a bit of a test when we drive from Bath to the Lake District for four nights in June. It's not quite the narrow tracks of Cornwall, but it'll be interesting to see how I get on with a car this big (compared to my previous cars). Just hope my gorgeous 22s survive intact! We've already found a place for an evening meal that has a charger in its car park.
If you go to the Lakes, Windermere is a good choice the 4 chargers at Booths are just a short walk from the restaurants in the evening.

#5 ·
Weezer said:
Thanks Weezer. Your trip to the Lake District should be really good, loads of power for those famous passes and lots of photo opportunities of your I-Pace in great scenery.
I always think the I-Pace looks good from above Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Blue

Attachments

#6 ·
Booths Supermarket at Keswick has 4 instavolt as well, also in Penrith. Had great fun blasting over Hardknott/Wrynose pass last autumn in mine. Even found another Firenze Red iPace parked up there :)

Attachments

#7 ·
Great photo! I wonder what the odds are of finding another I-Pace there, especially one of the same colour.

#9 ·
jpbates said:
Booths Supermarket at Keswick has 4 instavolt as well, also in Penrith. Had great fun blasting over Hardknott/Wrynose pass last autumn in mine. Even found another Firenze Red iPace parked up there :)
Booths in Keswick and also Windermere, also has good Instavolts. I love the Hard knott pass but my wife won't go anywhere near it again after our last trip up and down it :)

#10 ·
ChrisMc said:
love the Hard knott pass but my wife won't go anywhere near it again after our last trip up and down it :)
Can go alot faster and easier in iPace than my 3.0s Diesel XF I used to have, much less (as in none) tyre squeal. Helped not having wife on board :lol: (otherwise squeals from the passenger seat)

#11 ·
jpbates said:
ChrisMc said:
love the Hard knott pass but my wife won't go anywhere near it again after our last trip up and down it :)
Can go alot faster and easier in iPace than my 3.0s Diesel XF I used to have, much less (as in none) tyre squeal. Helped not having wife on board :lol: (otherwise squeals from the passenger seat)
:) :) maybe that's what I need to do, leave the wife at home and go have a play up and down it a few times :)

#12 ·
ChrisMc said:
jpbates said:
ChrisMc said:
:) :) maybe that's what I need to do, leave the wife at home and go have a play up and down it a few times :)
I find that in my IPace the wife squeals only for the first 10 min. The ride is so quiet and comfy that she nods off and then I can dart around with no engine noise and no wife squeal!! Joys of having the IPace! (PS: I have the artificial noise in the cabin turned off all the time now). Pure acceleration.... pure joy... loving it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.