Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

1st Year Anniversary

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AGT 
#1 ·
We've had our I-Pace for a year now, and each drive has been a joy.

We should have collected the car a year yesterday, but superstition prevented me from taking delivery on Friday 13th, so we waited a couple of days instead!

Ok, we all know that the car (infotainment system) has got a few foibles, but once you actually get rolling WOW what a drive! Looking back I would have liked the black pack, but we purchased from JLR stock and the car we got had pretty much what we wanted.

We've only driven 5,700 miles, so hopefully we will be well under the 100,000 mile warranty for the batteries.

Over the last year I have received some really helpful advice from various Forum Members, so I'd like to thank everyone for that. However the icing on the cake has to be Abu Dhabi Dude's Siri voice shortcuts, which are really excellent and a source of entertainment in their own right!

Hope everyone has had as much enjoyment out of their cars as we have had from ours.

Kind regards,
Nigel

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations Nigel! Hard to believe it's a year already. I do remember you saying you decided to delay collection to avoid Friday the 13th. So nice to hear you're so loving the car (foibles and all). I often think that it's the foibles that cause us to develop a relationship with a car. Just ask any Italian car owner! Glad you're enjoying the shortcuts. Took me a while to figure it all out, but I think it was worth the effort. I use them every day and it always makes me smile when I raise my watch and say "hey Siri, fire up the Jag"! Childish I know, but who cares!

#3 ·
Nigel

Delightful post and happy anniversary.

I am 18 months into ownership and agree with your sentiments. I have been fortunate to own a number of fantastic cars and the I-Pace beats the best pert of each of them - except for my 2cv which wins the smiles per miles as long as you don't have to drive for more than five miles!

Not long after I ordered the I-Pace all of our children ended up living in London (we are in Edinburgh) but we stuck with it and now don't think twice about the trip particularly as there is a sprinkling of ultra-fast chargers en route. In fact, we became so confident that we used the I-Pace for our European skiing trip.

Our cars are exactly the same model and colour. I am also sorry to have missed the black pack to the point where I have investigated a retro fit.

Andrew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.