Another Aus I-Pace, at last!

Post pictures of your Jaguar I-Pace here
Garryjw

Re: Another Aus I-Pace, at last!

Post by Garryjw » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:28 am

😊 Will be very interested to see what hot weather range is like for you
My company is a Firenze Red I-Pace HSE with Black Trim, HUD, Cold Weather Pack and Fog Lights.

Oz-ipace

Post by Oz-ipace » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:49 am

Congrats Aus-ipace finally! We are twins and I look forward to hearing how you enjoy it. I'm doing my first long trip (~330klm) on Tuesday and I'm hoping to do it without a charge!
MY19 Corris Grey / Oyster First Edition delivered 13-Dec-2018
Previous - BMW i3 Rex Larus Grey / Loft

andye

Post by andye » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:02 pm

@Aus-ipace and @Oz-ipace - Just a little envious of you having yours in Aus already, yet in NZ the first batch are still awaiting manufacture!

I'm told mine was NZ reservations #4 way back when.

Still got quite a wait until mine turns up. My dealer assures me build is March, delivery late May/early June.
---
MY20 / HSE / Santorini Black / Ebony & ebony / 20" 5-spoke gloss black / black pack
Reserved: 6 Mar 18 / Ordered: 31 Dec 18 / Build: est Mar 19 / Delivery: est May 19
New Zealand #4 reservation

Aus_ipace

Post by Aus_ipace » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:50 am

andye wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:02 pm
@Aus-ipace and @Oz-ipace - Just a little envious of you having yours in Aus already, yet in NZ the first batch are still awaiting manufacture!

I'm told mine was NZ reservations #4 way back when.

Still got quite a wait until mine turns up. My dealer assures me build is March, delivery late May/early June.
Wow, that certainly is a very long wait, I didn't realise they had a delayed release of the car in NZ, I wonder why that was? You will love it once it arrives - have you had a chance to have a test drive at all? Do they have any demo cars or have they done any of the official I-Pace tours yet?

Otherwise, get yourself to Australia and come and have a drive!

Oz-Ipace, how did the long journey go? I haven't done any long journeys in mine as yet but I have been driving it a fair bit around Melbourne and into the Yarra Valley - 681kms clocked up in 6 days of ownership. Loving it so far.

Oz-ipace

Post by Oz-ipace » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:20 pm

I did my longest trip as planned and it went really well. The first leg was 180 Kim nearly all freeway at 33C. Using comfort mode and ACC+LKAS all but maybe 10klm. It works pretty well but not perfect. Every now and then it wanders in the lane and it can loose the lines on some surfaces and just switch off so you need to be alert. Second like all of them it gets confused when the car ahead exits so it brakes heavily which is really annoying. Average speed was 91kph and avg energy was 21.1 kWh/100 so pretty happy with that! When I parked GOM said 202klm left so I thought I’d get back without charging.

I was in meetings for 4.5hrs and when I started up to leave it was 39C and GOM showed 185klm! I lost 17klm but as I had put the return trip into nav I guess it knew something about the return taking more juice. I had to decide in the first 80klm if I would take a short detour to stop at the only fast charger between me and home. So I monitored it and it was going to be line-ball for sure. I erd on the safe side as I have never used a public charger let alone a 50kw fast charger. Charging started without any problem and it charged around 50kw up to 80% which was all I intended to do but as I walked back to the car it had gone to initialising for some reason.

Last leg was rather. Congested and only averaged 71kph but got 21.6kwh/100. When I added all the legs together I used 84kW and without the 6.4klm getting off to charge, I think it would have made it just (366klm).

I have read that JLR claim it has ~10klm when GOM says 0 so maybe I’ll push further next time.

The car is very comfortable and cruises well. Piano roof is amazing with no heat transfer.
MY19 Corris Grey / Oyster First Edition delivered 13-Dec-2018
Previous - BMW i3 Rex Larus Grey / Loft

pedro1664

Post by pedro1664 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:22 pm

Thank you for the interesting review, great read

andye

Post by andye » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:23 pm

Aus_ipace wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:50 am
Wow, that certainly is a very long wait, I didn't realise they had a delayed release of the car in NZ, I wonder why that was? You will love it once it arrives - have you had a chance to have a test drive at all? Do they have any demo cars or have they done any of the official I-Pace tours yet?
NZ is a pretty small market so often has to wait quite a while to get new launch cars. In saying that, for EVs we should be a great market with an almost country wide fast charger network and 80+% of our power from renewable sources.

I've had two short on road test drives, with another planned now that each dealer has its own demo. I've also had the chance to drive it round a race track (just one lap) which was fantastic. Handling is incredible.

It's going to be a long wait to delivery.
---
MY20 / HSE / Santorini Black / Ebony & ebony / 20" 5-spoke gloss black / black pack
Reserved: 6 Mar 18 / Ordered: 31 Dec 18 / Build: est Mar 19 / Delivery: est May 19
New Zealand #4 reservation

Return to “Members Gallery”